The Test That Brought Us Together

I woke up before Naruto and got ready for Papa's test. I was in the middle of making breakfast when Naruto came walking in, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Gin, what're you-" Naruto started, but was cut off by a yawn. "Doing?" I turned and held a plate of pancakes I had finished earlier. "Breakfast."

"But, Uncle-- I-I mean Kakashi sensei told us not to

"But, Uncle-- I-I mean Kakashi sensei told us not to." I smiled and turned to my cousin as I said, "You need the carbohydrates for the energy to fight our sensei. You want to become Hokage right?" His eyes widened and he ran up and began to eat the pancakes. I chuckled and continued to make breakfast for the rest of our team and myself.

Sasuke's P.O.V.

I arrive at the designated training grounds at the same time as Sakura, who was rubbing her eyes and yawning out a "Morning."

I didn't say anything as we meet halfway. It wasn't long until Naruto and his cousin Ginko walked up, her scarf covering the lower half of her face. I saw that Ginko was holding two bento boxes, one red the other dark blue. When they reached us she held the red one up to Sakura, who looked confused, and the dark blue one to me. I stared at it blankly before looking up at her.

"You'll need your strength if we're fighting a Jonin," she said, answering my unasked question. Sakura seemed to have had waken up quickly at that, instantly becoming annoying and making me glare at Ginko for ruining what peace of the morning I had.

"Kakashi sensei told us-"

"I know what our Sensei said, but don't you remember that Iruka sensei said that you should never fight on an empty stomach because-"

"Then your enemy would over power you and take you out with ease and without hesitation," I finished. Damn it, why didn't I think of that?!

Ginko nodded her head and said, "Right. So I hope you you're hungry because I made pancakes." I hesitated at first but soon grabbed the bento, Sakura following my lead as I opened the box, instantly smelling the sweet aroma that was the traditional Japanese pancakes. I noticed that Sakura's had fruit on hers and had syrup and powdered sugar on top, while mine were soaked with butter with fruit on the side.

How'd she know?

Ginko's P.O.V.
*4 and a half hours later*

"Morning, everyone," Papa said when he walked up, his hand raised in the air. "Ready for your first day?"

"Hey! You're late!" Sakura and Naruto both yell angrily, Sakura pointing accusingly at him. "Well, a black cat crossed my path," he said, pointing in a random direction, "so I had to take the long way." Sakura and Naruto growled at him, I raised an eyebrow at him in question, while Sasuke glared slightly at him.

"Well..." He clears his throat before continuing. "Let's get started." He walked over to the three posts and set down a clock on the middle post and says, "Here we go. It's set for noon."