19-Jumping in Jealous

Chapter 19

He then picked me up yet again and led me home. He carried me through the doorway and up to my room. How come the floors didn't squeak from him but they. did for me? Lucas chuckled. Oh my gosh can he read my thoughts?

"Because I have practice my house isn't much different than yours build wise, and no I can't your speaking out loud," he said as he sat me down on my bed.

"Are you good now?" he asked me. Lucas turned to leave. Please don't go!

"Why should I stay?" he said teasing and then I noticed I must doing the whole speaking allowed thing again.

"I just wanted to say think you," I said. And that I miss you.

"I miss you too," he said as he walked over and kissed my forehead and then left. I blamed the Tylenol I wasn't supposed to have said any of that.

That morning when my parents woke up to find Charlie home you could tell they were relieved. That in no way lessened the fact that he is now basically unable to leave the house unless he is going to school.

A lot had changed in the two weeks since then and most of us have been trying to put that behind us. It had started snowing, Derek and Charlie's lives had now been free of the drug world and I haven't spoken to Lucas since he admitted he missed me. I had to admit it was quite frustrating. Now that I knew why he had been doing what he was doing, a large part of me forgave him.

Did I mention my ankle was better? My parent actually believed me when I said I rolled out of bed that morning and landed on it wrong!

I craved for him to wrap his strong arms around me but I doubted it would happen.The thing that upset me most was that he was perfectly fine with being the without and yet I found myself struggling. Funny how just weeks ago I would have assumed the opposite.

There was another problem too, now that the bad boy had a girlfriend and was now single everyone wanted a piece, because if I could do it why couldn't they?

I was currently sitting at the Cafe we were now on winter break.

"I don't see what the big deal is? I see the way he looks at you when your not looking, and I would be willing to bet that if you wanted him back he would be thrilled," Kylie said as she picked apart her blueberry muffin.

"Yeah well what about you? I will make a move when you make a move on mystery boy," I said making a deal. Kylie had given us hints as to who she likes but not a name. I knew he was older, went to our school, I knew him, and Kylie thought he was hot. Tara knew who he was but Alice and I still had yet to unmask him.

"Umm..." she was doing that thing with her voice I had come to know as her nervous tone.

"Oh come on do it, it's a good deal and she will stopened moping," Alice said printing to me at the end.

"I am not moping," I complained. Suddenly I watched as a guy crept up behind Alice. He put a finger to his lips, as if to say be quiet.

"Guess who?" he asked her putting his hands over her eyes.

"Channing Tatum," Alice said with a smile.

"Nope."

"Then get your hands off if me Todd," she said struggling to remove his hands from her eyes. When she had finally managed to get his hand off of her eyes he scooted in next to Alice on his chair.