Flashback Beggar 💔

Hey there chrillians! For this chapter I would like you to listen to this song below entitled 'Human' by Christina Perri. I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as tears would possibly be rolling on your cheeks. Enjoy :)

Flashback Beggar 💔

Six hours. I have been starring at her lovely face for six excruciating hours. I feel stupid for myself. I have never imagined how I've hurt this wonderful lady and just forget about it! How stupid is that! My whole year existence is a lie and I have been a jerk to her! I need her explanation. I need to know what and who I am for the last five years! I want them explanations now!

And then slowly her eyes were softly opening. Headache came to her that she rubbed her temples hard. I was just sitting in the corner waiting impatiently for her to wake up and tell me everything.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?", her forehead crumpled and gave me a sharp look. "Ed?why are you in my room??",she stood up radically and panicked picking me up from the floor and wanting me to go out immediately.

"Umalis ka dito! Umalis ka na dito!",she repeatedly said as she pushed me outside her room.

"Maymay wait! Wait! I need to know everything! Please May!!", I begged. She stopped pushing me. She just stopped and she looked at me with her face starting to look worry.

"A..no? Anong..sinabi mo?", trace of trouble and tremble in her voice as tears carelessly falling from her tired eyes.

"Please May.. alam ko na..please May explain to me.. kung ano ako, sino ako sa buhay mo!",I blurted out strongly. At this point I was begging for my own flashbacks.

"How..dare you..went inside my room and ask questions about yourself??", her jaws jolted from the pain she was feeling. I can see that as she was saying those words out loud that she is hurting.

"Maymay.. please.. I need to know everything.. please help me remember..", I was practically and literally begging.

She just stood there looking in the depths of me. She was looking through me. She trembled and slowly dropped on her knees and cried soflty sitting on the floor.

"How come dumating ang time na malalaman mo pa at tatanungin mo pa kung gaano mo ako nasaktan dati?", she wiped her tears and was sobbing. I felt her hurt. I wanted to console her but I can't even go near her afraid I might hurt her again. I sat in the corner too hoping she'd finally tell me everything she wants me to know.

Everything.

*****

(Maymay's POV)

Nakaramdam na naman ako ng poot sa kanya. Ng sakit. Ng sobra sobrang sakit. Akala ko di ko na ito mararamdaman ulit. Pero ito ako ngayun,nakaupo sa sahig,nag iisip kung ipapaliwanag ko pa ba sa kanya ang lahat o wag nalang balikan ang kung anumang sakit na ginawa niya sa akin dati. Nilingon ko syang muli, nakatitig pa rin sya sa akin at nagmamakaawang ipaliwanag sa kanya ang lahat. At sa puntong ito gusto na talagang isumbat sa kanya ang lahat lahat.

"Fine. Gusto mo malaman ano ang meron tayo dati? Wag kag masasaktan sa mga malalaman mo Ed. Be brave", nasabi ko pa sa kanya habang pinupunasan ko ang mga luha ko, pero actually para sa sarili ko yun. Ako yata ang kailangang maging brave sa mga sasabihin ko.

(Maymay's narration to Ed)

Five years ago. I was just a girl who fell inloved with my father's gallery. Wala akong ibang ginawa kundi ang magpinta lang at makita ang mga taong masayang nakatitig sa mga paintings ko. Naalala ko, first art showcase ko noon sa gallery ni Tatay Fred, maraming tao. I was happy seeing all the people na aapreciate yung work ko.

And then may lumapit sa aking napaka gwapong guy, sinabi pa nga niyang mahusay raw akong magpinta at naimpress ko raw xa. He was a painter as well and he loved the arts as well. Ikaw yun Ed. That was the first time you met me, sa gallery.

A few days after nagkita ulit tayo by accident. Sa train, dun ka kasi laging nakasakay. Nagkita tayo kasi may tinulungan kang matanda na katabi ko lang. After that, whole day na tayong nag kwentuhan, you even asked for my number. The next day tinawagan mo ako, you asked me if we could go out on a date dun sa favourite resto mo, and it so happened na we have the same favourite restaurant. That's why mas nagclick pa tayo.

Your crazy matched my crazy! Yun ang palagi mong sabi sa akin every time na may pareho tayung kalokohan. You made me laugh so hard na parang unti unting nahuhulog ako sayo. We do crazy stuffs, lots of them. Isa na doon yung mag crash ng mga parties and promenades na di naman tayo kasali. We were so happy, wild and free.

A year after the day we met, sa resto, dun mo ako mas pinakilig Ed. You knelt in front of everyone and profess your love to me. You asked me to be your wife! Yes! You asked me to marry you Ed. That was the happiest time of my life! That was the most romantic thing you did for me.

For two and a half years I felt your love for me. Like I was your only one. Like I was your world Ed. Everyday we go out there sa lumang building ng family nyu just to watch your most favourite scene, the sunrise. Yes, you do love sunrise Ed. Every weekend pinapasyal mo ako sa carnival just because you know how I love being a kid again once in a while even though you hate the rides kasi takot ka sa heights. And even though alam mong takot ako sa clowns, you made me conquer my fears of them. You made me feel loved in all those times.

Nagbago lang yun lahat ng makita mo ulit si Hailey. Yung dating gusto ng parents mong ipakasal sayo, yung dati mong kababata. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyari pero bigla kang nawala sa akin. You start to forget important events like my birthday and our anniversaries. You start treating me coldly. You even said to me na baka isang araw hiwalayan mo na ako. And I was left hanging thinking what I did wrong?

And then came the day of our fourth wedding anniversary dhong. You made that day as perfect as it was. And I was in pure awe. I thought magiging ayus na ang lahat. I made myself beautiful that night, I was even gonna tell you that finally I am carrying your child, but sadly, after our slow dance you held me for the last time and said hindi mo na kaya. Hindi mo na kayang saktan ang damdamin ko and that you need to end this shit between us. And then you left me there standing, broken.

That was the night you ran off with Hailey Ed. The night of your car crash. The night she died. The night the old you died. And the night I died as well. We rushed you sa ospital,the doctors were able to save you but,not your memories. I died twice that night. You left me and now you won't,remember a thing about me. And that the day after that night, I had a miscarriage.

Your mom and dad begged me not to leave you and because I loved you that much I stayed by your side all this time Ed. After your healing we brought you home, here, with me pretending to be your neighbor so I can look after you. I made all those crazy reminders inside your room so you wont forget things even you forgot about me.

The day you saw me on the train drunk? That was supposed to be our 7th wedding anniversary. The day you said you hated sunrise, I cried a lot. The day you took me riding the ferries wheel I cried noticing how the heights doesn't affect you. And when the clown approached me, I remembered you hugging me just to face it bravely.

I gave up everything for you Ed. I was your wife and still am. But you don't recognize me at all. You dont even remember me, or the things you did or how you hurt me or how you used to love me Ed.

You don't remember. But I am still here waiting for you to come back to me. Waiting for you to tell me you remember me.

I'm still here. I am still here, kahit masakit na masakit na. Kahit masakit isipin na ang huling nasa puso't isip mo ay iba.

Nandito pa rin ako Ed..

Nandito pa rin ako...

Umaasa.

Umaasa sa pagbabalik nang alaala mo.

To be continued...