chapter twelve; hold me tight

Hyejin was freaking out and she was squeezing her pillows. "Why did I do that??????????????????? I must be crazy! I should go to a doctor—"

She was on a call with Nayeon. "How did it feel??"

"I don't know!!!" Hyejin screamed and started to stretch her pillows.

"Whatever. You're helpless! If you give me a better response, I'll help you with your love life. There's like thousands of people asking me to help them with their love life but I chose to help you because you're my best friend. Bye."

"Ugh.. bye!" Hyejin said and ended the call. She continued to stretch her pillows. "WHAT AM I GONNA DO IF I SEE HIM AGAIN?!"

notification from felix
hey
                     read 7:10

She buried herself in her blanket and pillows. "I shouldn't have done that...."

Felix texted Hyejin after arriving home from the park to meet Changbin. He wanted her to cheer him up, but she didn't reply. The next day, he was about to talk to her in class, but didn't because she seemed to be avoiding him. He didn't want to make their relationship any more awkward, so he didn't say anything about the amusement park. After school, he stood by the café for no reason. It was a habit because it was Changbin and his after school meeting spot. He saw Changbin walking with Chan. Chan waved at Felix, but Changbin directed his eyes towards the ground and continued on his way.

It was 5 pm and Felix opened messages.

(group chat) Chan's Kitchen ㅋㅋ 🍽

Lee Somin left the group.
              yesterday at 4 pm

Seo Changbin left the group.
            yesterday at 7 pm

Mom Chan: tf??

Mom Chan added Lee Somin and Seo Changbin to the group chat.

Lee Somin left the group

Mom Chan added Lee Somin to the group chat.

Mom Chan: geez are u guys ok

Lee Somin: Stop adding me
Lee Somin: You're so annoying

Lee Somin left the group chat.

Mom Chan added Lee Somin to the group chat.

Mom Chan: no

Seo Changbin: Don't talk to him like that

Lee Somin: Don't talk to me

Mom Chan: ok what tf is going on rn? did u guys fight or smth? also what happened with you and felix?

Lee Somin: mind your own business

Lee Felix left the group chat.

Seo Changbin: Just leave

Lee Somin left the group.

Mom Chan added Park Hyejin, Lee Somin, and Lee Felix to the group chat.

Park Hyejin: ??

Mom Chan: sorry hyejin! i accidentally added u

Park Hyejin: It's okay. I'll just leave

Jeongin👶🏻: nooooo!!! stay!

Park Hyejin: Finee💕

Jeongin👶🏻: ❤️

                                       read by Lee Felix, Lee Somin, Park Hyejin, and Kim Seungmin

Hyejin was confused. Something happened between Changbin, Somin, and Felix? Hyejin desperately wanted to comfort Felix but she was hesitant because she apparently decided to kiss him on the cheek and made their whole friendship a disaster. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned. I'm getting friend zoned, was all she could think about.

Felix was depressed. He shouldn't have told Changbin that he was sensitive. I'm such a terrible friend, he thought the whole day. I can't imagine what he has to go through. He put on a black and white plaid shirt and headed to Hyejin's. The door was opened, but he decided to knock first. There was no answer. He opened the door.

"Hyejin-ah.." He took five steps before calling again. "Hyejin.." Something caught his eye. It was a tiny pink framed photo. The picture seemed old. But he noticed something familiar. The girl was Hyejin from ten years ago and the boy was... him. It was all pieced together now. Park Hyejin, his neighbor and classmate was the Hyejin from ten years ago! They had the same brown colored hair and smile. It would be impossible if the girl wasn't her. He noticed a shadow from the door.

Hyejin dropped her bag of groceries. "Felix! What are you doing here..?" His eyes were full of tears that refused to leave. Her eyes landed on the framed picture of her and Felix when they were children. "I can explain—"

"You liar." He said, and ran out.