Chapter 5

Chapter 5, Michelle's POV:

I had sex. I had given my virginity to my best friend. I just gave something I can never get back but for some strange reason, I don't regret it. I just hope I was the one to receive his virginity too.

I wake the next morning, naked and sweaty, under my sheets and Josh's arm around my naked stomach. I peep under the blanket and he's naked too. And he has a nice butt. 

I look around the room and I see vodka bottles everywhere but only two people, Josh and I. The more I look, the more I worry of protection and soon see two used condoms on the floor. Did we have that much fun? I continue my search for clues and stumble upon our clothes so I crawl out of bed then head for a shower. 10 minutes into my shower, Josh starts calling my name and walks to the bathroom. 

"What happened last night?" He asks yawning.

"Party, sex, alcohol, sex, and more sex." I say bluntly.

"How many times did we have sex?" He asks hinting shame.

"I'm guessing twice since there are two used condoms there so don't worry about knocking me up, Josh." I pull the shower curtain and I simply don't care if he sees me naked, last night was the first anyone has seen me naked since the incident. once I pull the curtain, I see his dick but once he notices I did, he turns but it doesn't do much since his bum was all out.

"Nice butt, Squirt!" I yell after him.

"Nice tits, Michelle!" He yells back.

As he slides his boxers on, I take a chance to lean against the door frame to look at him and smile. He still gives me butterflies too. 

"I wouldn't love you if you changed." I blurt unknowingly what I had just said.

"You used a line I was supposed to say." Josh replies as if it's simply the truth and makes his way to me, slowly.

He takes a look at me but walks out of the room.

"Wait, Josh?" I ask as he turns towards me. "We're not…. in anything, right?" 

"Not unless you want to be." He replies. What the hell is he saying?! I can't fucking breathe!

"I think it's better to be friends, or we can still be best friends." I say.

"How about best friends with benefits?" He caresses my cheek but I don't feel so confident anymore.

"Um, no. Just best friends, Squirt." I laugh uncomfortably. 

"You'll want this." He leans down and kisses my cheek anyway then whispers goodbye in my ear then he walks out of the hallway and hear the front door slam.

What am I doing? I'm not going to be "best friends with benefits" because of two reasons, 1. Friendships never stay the same. 2. I was drunk off of a few shots, nothing more. That was the only time I'd ever have sex, but one thing is eating me up, does he know he took my virginity? Did I take his? Of course not, who would let YOU of all people take something you can't get back? I think. He probably lost it to a much prettier and thinner girl. The little voice in my head takes me back to the days of the uneasiness as a teenager.

It was a Friday morning on the first week of 10th grade, I walked to school like I did all the other times. I listened to my iPod and came across a trail Josh and I used to take to our elementary school about two blocks away from my high school. I didn't care to listen to my surroundings as I stood there remembering how we would plan to meet somewhere. As I turn to walk away, someone pulled my hair forcefully and took me down. The stranger wore a mask which only revealed his eyes. Oh, how I will never be able to forget those cold brown eyes.

The stranger took me down and my motive was to fight back so I did. But someone who ate a cracker everyday and said she was "full" was weak. I was weak. The stranger took the only thing that kept me sane. He was the vicious stranger who took my virginity. I couldn't breathe, I was scared, shaking, screaming but no one can hear me. I felt like I was in a hole 18 feet deep with no one to save me. Once the stranger got off of me, I lay there, shaking and crying silently, as he takes a pocketknife and scars my right thigh. I wasn't 'me' anymore. I am a waste, they'll call me a slut and no one will ever believe me.

I got up, collected myself and ran away. I ran home while Austin, Tyler, Mom, and Dad were at work or school. I planned to kill myself. The words in my head were triggering. I don't want anyone to know. I went into the shower and tried to wash away the filth and disgust but it didn't work.

As I snap back to reality, I change into sweats and a big sweater which was my real dad's. A part of me wants to tell but the other is too self conscious to let anyone judge me. I haven't told anyone in three years now. I am consumed by my doom.