Chapter 19

Chapter 19, Michelle's POV.

I collected the things that survived from the accident Michelle was able to keep. The only bag that was closed which had three pairs of shoes and some shirts and jeans. Thankfully, I left the recent stuff I bought about two weeks ago was still at Josh's house. I cringe at his name. I can't see him orders by Austin. 

I don't see why I can't though. He hasn't done something bad enough for Austin to hate him but then again, the fight did make me leave the party early. Maybe he is right. Not many good things have been happening ever since I started to talk to Josh again. It wasn't our place to get back in contact, I guess we know it know.

I walked out of the hospital holding onto Tyler's arm, shielding me from the swarm of paparazzi who were asking me hurtful questions, leading me to the car. I slid in the backseat alone with a slam of my door after hearing a rude question some creep decided to yell in my face. Tyler was driving and Austin in the front seat.

I didn't talk to Austin since yesterday when he told me we were leaving. I'm just glad I'm leaving the hospital. I just have to dread when I get that surgery in a couple of weeks back home. I haven't bothered to ask about my parents, they couldn't give a rat's ass about me so it's a waste of my time and breath asking for them if Austin and Tyler never brought them up for some odd reason.

We drove for what felt like forever but was really about ten minutes back to Josh's house to collect anything I didn't pack the first time. I slowly got out of the car, taking a small step towards the house and finally going inside. No one was home, just the way I asked. I looked at the living room and immediately thought of the day before it happened, sitting watching TV with Josh planning to announce our relationship together on Good Morning America. I walked up the stairs and back into the guest room. There were clothes I left behind luckily as well as some extra shoes and my favorite slippers. Tyler and Austin packed those things up as I got my intimates. 

We finished soon enough and we were already on our way to the car before something on the living room floor caught my eye.

A silver ring.

I picked it up and admired its beauty. It was amazing. I bit my lip and set it on the table. It was probably Chris wanting to surprise Michelle. I picked up my bag and found myself sitting in the backseat again just this time we were on our way to the airpot to fly us back to Los Angeles.

Time to hear an ear full.

Josh's POV

What am I supposed to do if she's the best thing that ever happened to me? She's probably on her way to the airport. Austin is mad at me, pretty much banned me from ever seeing her again though I'm sure I'll be seeing her again no matter what his wishes are. Tyler just agrees. He won't hide her away from me any longer.

 I've been sitting in this diner for what seemed like hours but was only for them to collect her things until my mom called saying it's safe to go home now that they've left. 

Driving home was uncomfortable since I had to pass the scene of the accident alone. 

Was it my fault to push her over the edge and make her leave the party? Yes. Was it my fault to make her leave? Yes. Was it my fault I let her? Yes

It's always my fault when I do wrong, but this wasn't just another little mistake millions of sorries cannot make up for. She could've died. 

Wow, now I can see why Austin is doing what he's doing. It's probably what's best for us, for her more than me.

How can I cause that much pain on someone? I don't get it.

I pulled into the driveway of our home, expecting my parents and Connor but there was only a note.