Chapter 22

Chapter 22, Michelle's POV

"Hello, Michelle."

I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me or I'm just in need of seeing someone I thought would never leave.

My father.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked and confused.

"I came to see you."

His eyes were blood shot red and he had bags under his eyes.

"How did you know I was here?"

He sighed, "Your brothers told me."

"Well, what do you need? I'm right here."

I honestly was not up for hearing him. He hasn't bothered to call me so I don't see how he thinks it's okay to come by my apartment without an invitation.

"Right," He coughed awkwardly, a bit taken back with my snappy attitude. "I wanted to see how you were. No one bothered to tell me about your surgery or your…. accident."

"Well you would've known if you came home. Or at least picked up the freaking phone."

"Don't give me that attitude, I am your father, Michelle and I raised you better." He said sternly.

"I know you fathered me but it doesn't mean you raised me."

"Michelle-"

"No, dad. Let me finish."

He gave me a stern look yet softened as I kept my glare.

"What makes you think it's gonna be all good when you come back home? Let alone my own apartment? Did you think I would be the little girl who didn't stay up all night thinking if I caused you to leave? I think I am."

I can't put him through this.

"Look Dad, I know where you've really been all along. I don't know why and I'm not sure if I really want to, just know that I think it's better if we don't bother each other anymore. It was your choice to walk out on us….. on me. I have been here many times before, you know, deserted. But hey, everybody wants to start over again, right?" I faked a chuckle, obviously not amusing my dad. "I just hope you're happy."

"I'm sorry, Michelle. I didn't think it would come to this, baby girl. I would do anything to regain your trust again."

"You can't take back what we never had."

He looked at me, studying my face one last time and made his way past me.

"Dad, I'm not your 'baby girl' anymore. You have more of them with her."

And I shut the door. 

I puzzled it together.

The trips. Supposedly sick grandmother. Never calls. MIA. 

He's just officially shut out of my life now.

I didn't feel any pain, no remorse. He left me feeling like that all my life, should I have felt something? Should I apologize? 

No. 

Maybe it's time to sleep. Maybe I'll find some peace soon.

A knock came from the door.

Great, someone begs to differ.

I drag my feet to the door and expect it to be my father.

"Josh?" I'm surprised. I thought he was in Kentucky. "What the hell-"

He shut me up with a kiss. 

I reacted and quickly kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His right hand fell on my hip and his left hand was pulling me closer.

I stopped. 

"What are you doing here?" I took a step back.

"I came to see you." Josh replied, closing the door behind him and walking closer.

"Why?" I gave him a confused look, my voice cracking. 

"I missed you and you'd be lying if you say you didn't miss me either."

"This doesn't feel right, Josh."

"Sad that you feel like that."

 "It's best if you go. Like now."

"Calm down, Michelle. I know you missed me. You missed us."

"Of course I missed you but it's been nothing but the same old bullshit over and over again. I can't take it anymore, Josh. Everyone leaves me in the end. My own mother drinks herself to sleep, my brothers have their own life, my dad fucking left us and now, I have a feeling you'll leave me too."

 "Michelle…"

"Shut up, Josh, just hold me please." I demanded.

He took me into his arms where I can call home.

Josh played with my damp hair at the ends, just how I always wanted someone to do.

I was practically falling asleep in his arms and he felt it, so he lifted me up, taking me to my bedroom. My legs were tired and my eyes were heavy. My clothes stuck to me and every breeze made me shiver.

Josh noticed and brought the blankets down as I stood up to grab an over sized shirt and underwear.

It might be disgusting to go to bed without a shower after going to the beach but I didn't give one single fuck.

I didn't bother going into the bathroom, Josh has already seen everything there were to see of me. I wrapped my hair in a bun and crawled into bed, Josh walking to my side of the bed, tucking me in. 

I thought he was going to stay with me until I saw him leave.

"Josh," I croaked.

"Yes?"

"Stay with me?" I silently begged.

"Of course, baby."

He crawled into the king size bed and curled up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist under the over sized pajama shirt, pulling me so close that I can hear his heart beat even if my ears weren't on his chest.

He began to hum to a soft lullaby while making circles on my tummy and across my waist line.

I grew stiff and fell insecure when he did so.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered into my ear before leaving a soft kiss on my neck.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too."

That's all I needed to hear.

Author's Note: So I'm back from my vacation! I had a great time but I'm glad to be back home and writing. So I feel the need to apologize for being a HUGE bitch to you guys and all you wanted were a few chapters. It was rude for me to act how I did so I am VERY sorry. I hope you all accept my apology.  Sadly, school starts on the 20th of this month so my chapters will depend on how I fix my new schedule. Don't worry, I will try to post as much as I did when writing She Doesn't Get It. I love you all, now send some feedback on this (unfortunately, short) chapter please! GO GO GO!