Chapter 20

Chapter 20, Michelle's POV

The fake smile was sprawled on my face once again, just for the sake of everyone depending on me. 

Flashing lights coming from left, right and in front of me. People screaming for me in every direction, confused as who to turn to. 

Their publicist says we can keep walking down the bright red carpet. My long red strapless dress, silky and simply beautiful, flowing behind me as I keep hold on both of Tyler and Austin's strong arms.  My long hair in a low side ponytail on the left side of my head reaching beneath my breasts and bangs pulled away.

Posing for cameras, I couldn't show the pain in my eyes and insecurity stirring in my mind. 

The more we got down the beginning of this enormous red carpet, I saw camera crews meant for interviewing everyone. As we got closer, their publicist reminded us once again that we have to go to a few of them. 

Every step I took closer I got even more nervous.

It wasn't long until we met with the first interviewer.

"Hello Austin, Tyler, and Michelle! I'm Ryan Seacrest for E! News, mind answering a few questions for us?"

I nodded as they both said yes at the same time.

"Austin, Tyler, how was it working on this movie with some big movie stars?"

Austin answered first. "It was amazing. They're all very nice people." Tyler agreed and began answering but it all became a blur as I stayed in deep thought.

It's like I'm physically here but mentally not, screaming for someone who's out of reach and one I simply don't know who to call on.

"Michelle, How is it like to be surrounded by all of this? Why did you hide away from it all?"

"It's different. I only hide away from it because I'm not famous, my brothers are and I didn't want to be followed by grown men with cameras. I was put into this lifestyle, not by choice, but for these two." I smiled at them one at a time and nudged Tyler playfully. 

"Sounds good. Was revealing that you actually are the little sister of famous actors a part of your plan?"

"Oh no. I didn't plan to. It's not my place to be treated like a famous person when I haven't been starring in big time movies like them. It kinda happened unplanned."

"That's all the time they have." Their publicist whispered and they let us go.

"That was really good for your first interview." Tyler whispered in my ear as we walked to the next one.

"I almost peed myself!" I whispered back, laughing a genuine laugh.

Austin just gave a hard face and led us to the next one behind the publicist. 

They asked Austin and Tyler boring questions until they got to me.

"Michelle, is this your first red carpet experience with your brothers?"

"Yes it is and I'm very happy to be here. I can't wait to see what awards they bring home!" I squealed getting a laugh from all three.

"How about Josh Hutcherson? Is he still in your life?"

I gulped and the emotions smacked me in the face. 

Tyler squeezed my hand and Austin let go of his grip on me. "Um, we aren't close as much but it's for good intentions. I'm still healing from the accident and events since then but all is well as of now." Lie. Lie. Lie. It's all fucking bullshit.