Forward

Ever since I was a freshman, I'd always wanted to do a sequel to Space Jam, my favorite movie. I've gone through many story ideas to satisfy my craving on the perfect sequel to Space Jam. You could say my version of Space Jam 2 has been my passion project. Maybe that's exaggerating a little, but I don't care. With the development of my story, the story conceived my character, Robin Warner himself. This story was thought up with the question... What if in Space Jam 2, Bugs Bunny teamed up with Superman? This was before I knew Warner Bros was going to set up their DC Extended Universe. But that didn't matter, I was starting the story, Space Jam 2: Swackhammer's Revenge. The movie didn't have to be live action/animated like the first film. I was thinking of having it be straight up animated.

 But Warner Bros announced Space Jam 2 with LeBron James. So I've been scrapping my project a lot. Whether Space Jam 2 with LeBron is even going to go anywhere, I don't know. I doubt it's even happening. And Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice hasn't done me any favors. It's like, you can't please anyone if your DC film is dark or lighthearted all of a sudden. At this point, it'll be a miracle if Zack Snyder or Geoff Johns lets my story see the light of day.

All cynicism aside, the concept of my story was inspired by X-Men Days of Future Past. The title is a reference to Joseph Campbell's mythological philosophy of the same name. The philosophy of the Hero's Journey is what inspired George Lucas to create Luke Skywalker's story in the original Star Wars Trilogy. Here's a picture of the mythological philosophy itself.

Anyway, many of my friends and family have encouraged me throughout the years I took to make this story, giving me advice that has helped me to this day

Anyway, many of my friends and family have encouraged me throughout the years I took to make this story, giving me advice that has helped me to this day. And I sincerely hope that I will get the chance to adapt my story into an animated film. Only time will tell. Oh, and Happy 80th Anniversary to Superman!!! A story where the Man of Steel teams up with the Wascawy Wabbit seems like a good way to celebrate Big Blue's 80th Birthday, eh?

TG.