The Cat's Out of the Bag

It was now May 18, 2018, the day before all Hell would break loose. Call it the calm before the storm. Robin was prepared. He and Clark and Kara and Barbara were prepared. They even made gadgets in advance. One day, Robin was at Avery Espresso. Suddenly, Bugs came in, and he was worried. Robin knew why. And yet he asked, "Hey Bugs. You okay?"

"No, I'm not okay," responded Bugs. Robin drank his coffee and asked, "How come?" 

"I just heard word from Stan that Swackhammer's back!" Bugs said, scared out of his wits. "That is bad," said Robin in a nonchalant voice. He didn't mean to sound nonchalant, but he was one step ahead. "We're gonna need help again," said Bugs. "I can agree on that," said Robin, "Bugs, care to take a walk with me?" Bugs raised an eyebrow and said, "Eh, okay..." They left the coffeehouse, and walked around ACME Acres. Robin got out his phone and called Oracle. "Ink-Blot Dude to Red Bat, are you there?" Robin asked on the phone. "Red Bat to Ink-Blot Dude, here and ready," replied Oracle on the phone. "I'm bringing in the Old Grey Hare home," said Robin, "shall we bring in Big Blues?" Oracle responded, "Sure thing, over and out." Robin hung up, and put his phone in his pocket.

"Eh, what's up doc?" Bugs asked, wondering what was going on. "You'll see soon enough," assured Robin, "all your questions will be answered." They then walked to Robin's house. Robin opened the door for Bugs, letting him in. As soon as Robin shut the door, he called, "Babs, we're home!" Before Bugs could ask, Barbara rolled her wheelchair to where Bugs and Robin were at. "Hey Robin," she said smiling as Robin hugged her. "Uh doc, care to explain her?" Bugs asked. "Oh, Bugs, this is the Head Female Bat, Barbara Kathleen Gordon," said Robin, "Barbara, this is my mentor and friend, Bugs Bunny." Bugs was surprised. Barbara shook his hand, happily saying, "Hi. I'm a big fan of your cartoons. My dad and I loved watching them."

"You're THE Oracle?" Bugs said with surprise. Barbara nodded. The door opened, and Officer Kent and Miss Kara Kent walked in. "Hey Barbara, we came as soon as we could," said Kara. Bugs looked at the two, saying, "Officer Kent? Miss Kara? Wait, are you two related?" The rabbit was putting two and two together. "We're cousins technically," said Clark. "Wait, if you was Batgirl, then..." Bugs deducted. Clark began to take off his hat and glasses, saying, "I have been called many things Bugs. Kal El, son of Jor El and Lara of Krypton. Clark Kent, son of Jonathan and Martha Kent of Earth -70. But to you, I am Superman!" He unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his Kryptonian symbol. Bugs was shocked. He looked at Kara and asked, "And you?"

"I am Kara Zor El," she said, taking off her glasses, letting her hair flow, "daughter of Zor El and Allura of Krypton. Cousin of Kal El. I am Supergirl!" She then opened her coat, revealing her Kryptonian symbol. "You guys actually exist?" Bugs asked. They all nodded. "We're all from an alternate dimension that was destroyed by an Anti-Life Equation fueled Darkseid," explained Clark. "No kidding?" Bugs asked. "And I'm from the future," said Robin. Bugs looked at Robin and asked, "How?"

"Allow me to explain," said Robin, "you see, I come from a future in the year 2026. In the future, Swackhammer succeeds in abducting all the Looney Tunes, including myself and Michael Jordan. I traveled to the year 2017 to stop that. The way I traveled was that my consciousness from the future traveled to this body. I can't let this body fall asleep, because if I do, my consciousness will travel back to the future, and I fear I may fail."

"Wow, sounds like the plot ta X-Men Days of Future Past," quipped Bugs, "but I guess that explains why you ain't been sleeping, eh?"

"I turned to the greatest superheroes for help," explained Robin, "and I helped them all in their most desperate time of need." 

"Your pupil went so far as to rescue my wife and son," said Clark, "we all owe him our lives. I can promise you this Bugs. We will help you." Bugs smiled and said, "Gee, thanks Supes. So Robin, you got a plan?" Robin smirked and said, "Oh yeah, and it's been a year in the making."