Explaining The Situation

Robin explained to the five survivors where they were, who he was, and the future from which he came from, and how he traveled to May 19th, 2017. "In other words, Superman, I need your help," concluded Robin, "any questions?"

"Uh yeah," said Lois, "you said you're from the future? How's that possible?" Robin tapped at his forehead and said, "Time travelling via consciousness

"Uh yeah," said Lois, "you said you're from the future? How's that possible?" Robin tapped at his forehead and said, "Time travelling via consciousness. I even got this." Robin showed them all the Sonic Screwdriver that Dr. Woof gave him. "I know, it sounds crazy," said Robin. "Well, Kara and I just listened to your heartbeat," said Clark, "and we can tell you're not lying. Don't worry Atticus, we believe you." Robin sighed in relief, asking, "Would you be willing to help me, please? The fate of my friends rests in my hands!" Clark looked at his family, then at Robin, saying, "You saved the lives of my family. I think we owe our lives to you. The least we can do is help you. I'll help you." Clark shook his hand. "So will I," said Kara, putting her hand with Robin and Clark's. "I will too," said Barbara as she put her hand with Robin, Clark, and Kara's hands.

Much later, Robin, Clark, Lois, baby Jonathan, Kara, and Barbara, now in her wheelchair, left the lab, looking around ACME Acres. "Since you guys will probably be living here, it only seems fair that I help you all find places to live," said Robin, "but until then, you guys can crash at my house for the time being." Robin then got to his house, and unlocked the door, letting his guests in. "I know it's not much..." Robin humbly admitted, but Lois said, "It's actually a nice house." Barbara looked around his house. "Clark, you and your wife and son can sleep in my room if you want," offered Robin. "Thank you Atticus, that's very generous of you." Clark complimented.

Later that night, after ordering pizza, Clark and Lois were sleeping in Robin's bedroom, and Lois held her sleeping son in her arms, keeping him safe. Robin saw Kara and Barbara sitting on his couch. "Any of you ladies interested in sleeping in the guest room?" Robin asked. "I don't know if I'll be able to get any sleep tonight," said Barbara as she looked down. "Me neither," said Kara. "Can't say I blame you," admitted Robin. "Atticus, all our friends and family are dead..." Barbara said sadly, "My father, Alfred, Bruce, Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Cassandra, Stephanie..." She took off her glasses. "I am sorry that you lost your friends and family," said Robin, as he felt bad. "Aren't you going to get any sleep?" Kara asked. 

"I don't know if I should," replied Robin. "Can't or won't?" Barbara asked. "A little bit of both;" replied Robin, "you see, if this body falls asleep, my consciousness will be back in the future, and I need to see to it that my plan succeeds. Speaking of which, I better get a cup of Joe." He went to make his own cup of coffee, and came back with the coffee. Barbara nodded, understanding. "Look, I understand you're all going through a lot right now," said Robin, "and, you can grieve. I've been where you're at. I lost someone special too. Take all the time you need." Barbara then hugged Kara, and she hugged back. They both wept for the world they lost, crying for several minutes. Robin consoled them as best he could.