Chapter 9

Daniel's POV:

"I can't believe I actually did it, Rylan! I asked Y/N to prom!!" I laughed excitedly. "Yeah. I wish I had that confidence to ask June..." He frowned. "Aw. It's okay, Rylan. I believe in you! You helped me, and now I want to help you!" I smiled. Rylan helped me ask Y/N, so I thought that I would repay him by helping him ask June!

"So how do I ask her?" Rylan stuttered a bit. "Just do what I did, except be more confident!" I smiled. "But what if I get rejected? What if she already has a date to prom?" I looked at Rylan with a "really?" face. "Come on. You're thinking too negatively about this! Stay positive!" I tried to give him the best advice I could.

"Ok." Rylan took deep breaths in. "Hi Daniel. Hi Rylan." June came up to us. "Gah!" Rylan jumped back. "Oh. I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" June apologized. "No. No. It's fine. I just didn't expect you to come up to me, um... us." He was a wreck right now. I had to save him. "So um... Rylan has something to ask you after school near the fountain!" I held on to Rylan's shoulders, pushing him towards June.

"Well, um. Okay. I'll see you near the fountain Rylan! Bye guys!" June walked away. "What was that?!" Rylan almost yelled. "Sorry! You were being a nervous wreck, and I knew I had to save you somehow!" I talked fast. "Ok. Ok. No big deal. I'm asking my crush to prom after school today." Rylan paced around, freaking out.

"Hey, guys. Is everything okay? I saw Rylan pacing around and..." Y/N was cut off by Rylan freaking out. "Daniel set me up so that I would ask my crush to prom after school!" He pointed to me. "Who's your crush?" I asked. "June." He whispered. "Oh. Her? I can find out if she has a date to prom or not. Hence, saving you the embarrassment!" Y/N smiled.

"Thanks for helping. Rylan needs all the help he can get." I pointed to him pacing again. "I can tell." She laughed. "I'll see ya later! If I see June, I'll ask her." Y/N waved. "See ya!" I waved back.