Chapter 21: Revelations

Dawn and I sit on the bed in the Pokémon Center. We sit across from each other. Eevee and Riolu are sitting next to me. I sent Rotom to the PC to keep Riolu with me. Dawn looks at me and smiles. "It started in Floaroma Town. The day the grunt was killed in front of us. When the Lake Trio started attacking another Grunt, you changed."

"Changed?"

"You glowed an azure light and forced them to stop. You went unconscious shortly after. The next time was at Valley Windworks."

I see a tear run down her cheek. "You hurt me there."

I gasp. "That's why you were in the Pokémon Center."

She nods. "After you defeated Mars, you glowed blue again. You walked towards Mars promising to make her suffer. I jumped in the way and you turned to me. You grabbed me and forced your Aura into me. My body couldn't handle the stress of Aura, so I collapsed. From what Barry told me, the man we saw today came in through the window and absorbed your power into a cane."

"Wow."

"Then the Old Chateau. You were starting to flare up, but I knocked you out before you lost control. The other times, Team Galactic was able to absorb the Aura into devices and weaken you. Of course, you know what happened at Alamos Town. I was afraid you would lose control, but you didn't."

She smiles. "I guess you're starting to get control over your Aura."

I start taking this information in. Eevee puts her paw on my lap. "Don't stress over it too much, Chris," she tells me.

I nod. "I'll try not to."

Dawn looks around. "Who are you talking to?"

I look at Eevee. "For a few weeks, I have been able to understand the thoughts of Eevee."

Eevee nods. "Translate me. I think it has to do with our bond and his Aura."

"She says that might have to do with our bond and my Aura."

Dawn thinks. "I don't know. When we see that man again, ask him."

Riolu is asleep, laying on a pillow. I smile and grab the pillow, gently setting it on the floor at the foot of the bed. Eevee walks to the area of the bed by my feet and lays down. She wraps her tail around herself to keep warm and closes her eyes. Dawn and I lay down and get under the covers. She leans into me. I look at her. She smiles at me and kisses me. "Goodnight."

"Night. I love you."

"I love you, too."

We start on the trail again around noon. Riolu and Eevee walk alongside us. Staravia flies through the air, Prinplup wanted to stay in her pokéball. Roark is walking behind us, grinning. I glance at him. "What are you so happy about?"

"I'm glad that we don't have to keep Aura a secret from you now."

I look ahead of me again. I hold my right hand in front of me and make a fist, straining to summon my Aura. Dawn puts her hand on my shoulder. "When you did it while unconscious, you looked relaxed, yet focused at the same time. It was like it was natural for you."

I sigh. "I hope that man teaches me more."

"I'm sure he will, Chris!" Eevee reassures.

Riolu nods in agreement. "I hope you're right, Eevee."

"I usually am."

"Don't get cocky now."

"I never am."

I chuckle. "What? I'm not!"

Eevee stops and glares at me. I stop and look back at her. "As if you aren't. You remember how cocky you got at the gym in Hearthome and in our fight with Barry."