Chapter 40: The Red Chain

As we near Mount Coronet, I concentrate on making a plan to beat Charon. Cyrus' Aura will be useless against him, so he'll be relying on Riley and I to make a move. Riley's weaker than me, but has been using Aura much longer than I have. Our pokémon can help us, but I'm not sure how much stronger than me they are. I grit my teeth. Dawn puts her hand on mine. I look at her. She's worried. I can tell. "Can we win?" she asks.

Riley looks at me. He's wondering the same thing. Barry opens his mouth to answer, but stops, frowning. I close my eyes. "I don't know."

"You have us," Uxie says.

I smile. "I keep forgetting. We've been away from you for so long that I forget to include you three in the plan. Will you have enough energy to fight after reversing the Red Chain's effects?"

"I... don't know..."

"I have an idea," Dawn says. "I don't think it'll work, though."

"What is it?" Roark asks.

"Chris, Cyrus, and Riley could distract Charon as the Lake Trio destroys the Red Chain. The rest of us can try to get Dialga and Palkia on our side."

I gasp, thinking back to Alamos Town. Uxie said, "Palkia trusts you..."

"I'll handle Palkia," I say.

Riley gasps. "We need you helping with Charon!"

"Trust me. You weren't at Alamos Town."

Dawn nods. "If you get Palkia on our side, the rest of us will handle Dialga."

Roark chuckles. "What is it?" I ask.

"All this time passes and we're trying to get two gods on our side."

I smile, then think. "Gods. Gods, gods, god... Arceus..."

Dawn looks at me. "What are you thinking?"

I take out my Pokédex and look up Arceus. I hold the speaker up to my headset microphone. "Arceus, the Alpha Pokémon. It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world."

Riley looks at me. "You're insane."

"What?"

"You think Arceus will help us? How do you even know if he exists?! How would we even find him?!"

"I don't know! It was just an idea."

I turn to Dawn. "Dawn's idea is the best we've got. We'll go through with it."

Suddenly, the helicopter shakes. It's accompanied with the door being torn off. Dawn screams. I grit my teeth and unbuckle myself. Riley looks at me as I walk to the open door, holding a rail above the seats to keep my balance. "Chris, what are you doing?!"

I turn to him and give him a thumbs up. I nod to Dawn. "I'll distract him."

I look down at the peak of Mount Coronet. "Cyrus, the damage is too severe. You'll have to crash land."

"It's not like I'll be flying again anytime soon," he answers.

I look down and gulp, ignoring my fear of heights. I jump out of the chopper. I see Charon looking up at me. He's holding a boulder. "You idiot child!"

I let my Aura flow through my entire body. Using Detect, I see a boulder passing by below me. When I fall lower and lower, Charon throws the boulder. I put my arms out and catch it, using my Aura to lessen the impact. Charon gasps. "What?!"

I put my left arm behind me, using Force Palm. I blast forward, bracing for impact. I see a vision of Charon punching through the rock. When he punches, I grab his arm. He gasps. I strengthen my grip, trying to keep him restrained. In my other hand, I form an Aura Sphere. I throw it behind me. Charon destroys the rock with his other hand. I jump back, grabbing my Aura Sphere and throwing it at him. He sidesteps, dodging. I smirk. Charon stares at me, confused. "Aura Sphere can't miss, dumbass," I remark.