Chapter 67: Eve Vs. Lucien

He holds his arms out. "Your move first, Meurtrière." I use Quick Attack and run at him. He jumps onto what remains of the chimney and leaps onto a rooftop garden. "Too slow."

I jump across, firing a few Moonblasts at him. He easily dodges all of them, weaving in between the attacks. I land and turn my feelers into metal, using Metal Claw. I look around for any signs of movement in the darkness. I flare up my Aura, getting ready to counterattack. I hear a claw scrape against brick to me left. I turn right and use Protect. He collides with the shield and the attack does nothing. I whip him with Metal Claw, hitting him back. He catches himself on a flagpole and leaps back into the darkness, moving around silently. My heart races as I anticipate his movements. He probably knows the layout of the entire town, an advantage that I don't have. He's fast and can easily weave through my attacks. The only thing that hides him from me is... I fire a Moonblast into the air and freeze it. It brightens the area, eliminating any shadows. He leaps out from behind cover and runs at me. I see a blur and feel claws dig into my flesh as I dodge. I yelp and roll over. I look down at my front left leg. I can hardly move it. Blood is soaking my white fur. Lucien lands on a ledge and licks my blood from his claw. He smiles. "I'm going to like killing you."

I grunt as I try to step towards him. I fall to the ground, grunting in pain. Lucien walks towards me. I use Dazzling Gleam, which catches him off guard. My Aura flies into his eyes, dealing massive damage. He screams in pain and returns to the darkness, my Moonblast fading away. I pick myself up and pant. I lift my useless leg and prepare to defend. I hear him jumping and landing all around me. I listen closely. He jumps, but there's no land. I jump out of the way using Quick Attack. Lucien lands where I was standing. His claw slices through the brick roof as if it was paper. I fire a Moonblast at him, but he dodges it again. I land on the edge of the roof. I grip the ground with my feelers to keep myself from falling over. I grit my teeth and listen for him again. I don't hear a thing, but I see Lucien jump up to a ledge and continue running. I flow the silhouette until it disappears behind a pot. I slowly start moving away from this spot. An icicle sticks into the ground in front of me. I freeze, then jump up, preparing Metal Claw. A few more icicles shoot at me. I slash at them with my feelers. One flies to the right of me. I kick off of it and launch myself towards Lucien. He looks up at me and prepares to slash me apart with his claws. I land in front of him and open my mouth, slowly charging up energy. He glares at me, panting. I stare into his cold, red eyes. A drop of water hits the ground. Lucien lifts his arm to slash. I open my mouth. "Prends ça, connard!"

I fire Hyper Beam at him, point-blank. He yells in pain as he's blasted off of the rooftop. I pant and walk to the edge of the rooftop. I look for Lucien, but to no avail. I collapse, exhausted. I lick my leg wound and stand up, looking for a berry to heal myself with. I find a Sitrus Berry and pluck it from the plant. I start eating it, and the pain starts to numb. I stand on it and flinch a tiny bit. I sigh. "That's the best I can do for now."

I hear someone climbing up the side of the building. Lucien leaps out over me and lands on a railing behind me. He glares at me. I grin. He's pissed. Bruises and cuts are all over his body. "Not looking too good, are you?"

He raises his claw and slashes at me. I jump back, dodging the attack. His attacks are getting slower. He runs after me, slashing at me frantically. The expression on his face reminds me of the animalistic look on Gareth's face right before he died. Lucien yells in fury and fires an Ice Beam at me. I use Protect, deflecting the beam of ice. He wildly claws at the barrier between us. It shatters and I use Dazzling Gleam. I hear him scream as my Aura flares into his eyes. He grabs at his eyes and slashes at himself. The light fades, and the only thing I hear is blood dripping. Lucien is growling. I stare at the bloody streaks, which claw from his forehead, through his eyes, and to his chin. Parts of his brain are exposed. I stab at him, but he dodges despite being blinded. I continue to attempt to dodge his strikes as he continues going berserk. I feel his claws slashing at me more and more. I use Quick Attack, then Double Team to distract him. He continues sprinting right for me. I gasp, then realize something: Double Team's clones don't make noise when they run...

Lucien catches me in the side. I yelp then grit my teeth as pain shoots through my entire body. He grins and 'stares' at my wound. He moves his face to the torn flesh and licks up some blood. I'm frozen in fear and pain. I try to move but to no avail. I start to feel his teeth sink into my flesh. I yell out in pain, then he tears away. I scream. I hear him gulp. He grins. "You are quite delicious, I must say."

I growl. "You sick fuck!"

His grin grows wider. "Go ahead. Call me what you will. I promise it's all for naught."

I wrap a feeler around his throat. He slashes for it, but I jump up using Quick Attack, dodging the slash. I send another feeler down, hardening it. I spear into one of his open head wounds and bury my feeler into him. I feel his gore all over my feeler. Lucien reaches for me, then goes limp. I pull my feeler from his corpse and look at my feeler. It's covered in bits of his organs. The blood is so thick that I can't even see my fur. I see my reflection in the crimson when the moon shines upon it. I'm smiling. My eyes stop twitching at my realization. I leave the corpse and run to the nearest river to clean myself up.