Chapter 60: Au Revoir

Fennec uses Fire Blast immediately. I run at Gareth, using Quick Attack. Gareth uses Protect, but it breaks after the Fire Blast. I tackle Gareth with everything I have. Gareth slides back a couple meters, then uses Moonblast. I counter it with my Iron Feelers, dissipating them. I smile and create several Moonblasts across my feelers. I raise them up and whip them at Gareth. The twenty small Moonblasts hit him with all of their force. I start charging another blast, but Gareth fires his again. Fennec jumps in front of me, using Hyper Beam to blast through it. He pants afterwards. I leap over him and fire my blast at Gareth. Gareth has no energy left to dodge or block. I blast him through two or three trees. He uses Quick Attack to run back out and jump over the two of us. Blood spurts from his wounds as he tries to flee. He knows that the two of us are too strong. Fennec and I use Quick Attack to catch up with the heavily wounded Sylveon. Fennec passes him and uses Inferno on him. Gareth jumps left, but I hit him back with Iron Tail. Gareth looks back at me as he's engulfed by the flames. He is blasted back to the cliff and lands on the spot where I climbed back up. He coughs up more blood than before. Several burns are patched around his entire body. He stands up and pants for air. Fennec and I stand a a few feet from him as he recovers. "This isn't possible," he says with great difficulty.

I brighten up. "It is! You brought about your own defeat!"

Fennec just glares at Gareth. I'm just happy to see him at the door of death. Gareth clenches his teeth together and his eye starts twitching. "You think you can beat me?! I will never die!"

I hear the ground below him shifting as he stomps, but he doesn't even notice. "I will always be back to terrorize you, petit! You will not escape my wrath!" He stamps on the ground. "I will tear you apart! Limb from limb! I will savor the moments and torture you until your last breath!"

The ground starts moving downwards. I smirk. "I don't think so, Gareth."

He stops, then the ground below him drops further. He gasps and wraps a feeler around my leg as the ground gives away. I reach for Fennec, but miss again. I'm dragged down with Gareth. I immediately plunge my feelers into the cliffside. Gareth starts climbing up using his feelers. He's forgot how much pain he's feeling. He's trembling in rage. He yells and bites onto my dangling leg. I scream and my feelers slide out. I immediately replace them and stop falling. I look below me. I see several sharp rocks directly below us. Gareth's teeth hit my bone. I gasp in pain. I don't think he's thinking anymore. He's resorted to instinct. I get an idea. I stab Gareth in his scar with my closest feeler and kick off of the wall. Gareth yells in pain, letting go of me. His feelers retract from the cliffside and I jump out over the water. I fire a Moonblast below me to break the surface tension and land safely in the water. I don't hear another splash, but as I surface, I hear the tearing of flesh as I see Gareth being impaled through his spine. The pointed end of the rock emerges from his stomach, coated in both intestine and crimson. I climb onto a small, flat rock. Gareth turns his head to me and growls. "Au revoir, Meurtrière," he says.

He coughs blood straight up into the air and goes limp. The blood lands on his face, staining his white fur again. The rain completely stops and the clouds part for the morning sun. I smirk at Gareth's corpse. "Au revoir, trou du cul."

I feel pain across my entire body and drop to the ground. I take deep breaths, then pass out.

[Chris's POV]

I wake up, feeling the sunlight on my face. I sit up and yawn, stretching. I look over at Eve's bed, then gasp. She's gone. I stand up quickly, waking Dawn. I get dressed quickly. She sits up and groans. "What are you doing?"

"Eve's gone!"

"She's just excited to fight again."

"No. She went after Gareth..." I open the door to the room. I look back at Dawn. "I've got to find her. I'll either bring her back... or find her corpse."