Chapter 49: Unexpected Encounter with Miror B.

I step up onto the railing of the balcony and flare up my Aura. "If we're gonna fight, we're doing it down here!" I exclaim.

I feel like a lifetime's worth of energy has returned to me. I jump backwards, causing Volkner and Miror B. to gasp. Eve jumps to me and catch her. She wraps her feelers around me and I aim my arms below me, blasting Aura beneath me to slow my descent. I feel the ground beneath my feet and I jump back once more. Eve jumps from me and lands in front of me. Miror B. and Volkner run out of the door to the lighthouse. Miror B. sees me and grins. He throws two pokéballs. "Go Ludicolo!"

Two Ludicolo appear in front of us. Volkner runs to me. "What were you thinking?! You could've died!"

"Don't worry. It'll take more than that to kill me."

[Dawn's POV]

I sit on the bed in my pajamas, hugging a pillow. I look over at Gardevoir and Lopunny. "Chris sure is taking a while."

Gardevoir thinks. "Maybe he and Volkner are still talking."

Lopunny says her name a few times. Gardevoir smiles. "Yeah. He could be taking a midnight walk with Eve."

I lower my face into the pillow. "Wouldn't surprise me... Sometimes I think he loves that damn Sylveon more than me."

Gardevoir and Lopunny gasp. "Don't say that! You know Chris loves you!"

I sigh. "I know, but Eve is... special. I've lost some of my family too. What makes her so special?"

Lopunny says her name. "Translate please..."

"Maybe Chris thinks you're too clingy."

I gasp and bury my face in the pillow. "He wouldn't think that... He loves me..."

I hear a loud crash outside the Pokémon Center. I stand up and run outside. "Hey! Wait!"

[Chris's POV]

Eve slowly gets up. I pant and hold my left arm. I grunt from the pain. I look at the burn. It's not too bad. "Refresh!"

Eve glows green and heals her burns. "Now, Moonblast!"

Eve starts charging the attack. A Charizard lands in front of us. It's gold collar is holding an blue stone. Miror B. jumps from the back of the Charizard. "I've been training, Chris. Don't think you can win so easily."

I notice the Pokémon Center. The door opens and Dawn runs out. She gasps. "No way! Miror B.?!"

A few other people run out of some buildings. "Attack!" I shout.

Eve fires the Moonblast. "Flamethrower!"

Charizard lifts his head up and gathers heat. He then throws his head forward, breathing fire at the Fairy-type attack. The Moonblast explodes and covers the area in mist. Eve grits her teeth, growling. "Eve, return!"

She looks back at me, shocked. "What?!"

"Trust me."

She nods. "Run. He can't see us through the smokescreen," I command.

She grins. "Good idea!"

I grab Dawn's hand as I pass by her. "Come on."

Dawn looks back at Gardevoir and Lopunny. Gardevoir nods and grabs Lopunny. The two disappear. "To the lighthouse," Dawn whispers.

I nod. "Let's go."

Eve jumps onto several rocks, reaching the top of the hill using her feelers to grab the ledge. I send out Uxie. "Boost us up, please."