Chapter 11: The Old Chateau and the Mysterious Pokémon

We walk down the path when we see a woman with orange hair. She seems unsettled and is staring down a path. Her outfit consists of  a small black piece of clothing that covers her chest and arms. That is covered with a green cloth that flows around some of her upper body. She has ripped orange shorts and green boots. Roark dashes forward. "Gardenia?!"

Gardenia looks at Roark as he runs towards her with arms outstretched. "Roark..." she sighs.

She steps aside as Roark tries to hug her, but he ends up tripping on the root of a tree. He faceplants next to Gardenia, who groans. "I said it a million times. I don't like you!"

"Alright..." Roark says, weakly.

I walk forward. "You're the gym leader of Eterna City..." I say, rather disappointed.

Dawn sighs. "You seem weak. I mean you do use the type with the most weaknesses."

Gardenia goes pale. Roark gets up and hides behind a tree. Gardenia growls and is about to yell when a pokéball on my belt opens and Gardenia is outlined by blue and purple. Uxie floats in front of me. "I didn't want to hear her tantrum," she groans.

Gardenia starts sweat as Uxie lets her go. "Uh, sorry for almost throwing a tantrum!"

"Quit whining!"

Roark walks over. "So what are you doing here in Eterna Forest by the Old Chateau?"

Gardenia starts sweating even more. I return Uxie quickly. "Uhhhh. Uhhh. Nothing! Nothing at all! I was just going for a stroll!"

"I can tell you're lying. Tell the truth, Gardenia."

She groans. "Fine. I was going to..."

She mumbles something. "What?" Roark says.

She mumbles a bit louder. "I still can't hear you."

"Look for the Rotom!" she yells.

I gasp. "Rotom?!"

I pull out my Pokédex and play Rotom's entry. "Rotom. The Plasma Pokémon. Its electric-like body can enter some kinds of machines and take control in order to make mischief."

I look at Gardenia. "Take me to the Old Chateau!"

She starts sweating. "W-what?!"

"Yeah. Take us to it!"

"N-n-no way!"

"Why? You aren't scared of a little Ghost type, are you?"

She starts shaking. "Alright..."

She leads us down a path leading to an old house, which looks like it'll fall apart. "Okay," Gardenia says. "Now that you're here, I'll head back to the city."

She turns around to leave when Dawn grabs her arm. "Nope! You're coming with us."

"What?!"

Barry and I nod. "Yep. You're coming with us."

"O-o-o-okay..."

We walk inside the building with Gardenia leading us. When I step on a creaky floorboard, Gardenia screams and puts her hands over her head. We chuckle as Gardenia shakes in her boots, literally. "The mighty Eterna City Gym Leader shaking in fear over a creaky floorboard," Barry says.

"You three are fucking demons."

I chuckle a little. "The hell we are."

Dawn giggles. "I guess so."

"Damn, I'm glad my mom's not here. She'd slap you so hard, Gardenia."

As we continue through the house I hear a loud crash just behind me. I freeze and turn around. A statue lies broken into pieces on the floor. I hear a little girl giggling behind me. Gardenia screams as she points at a wispy, little girl. She disappears into nothing, leaving us all frightened. I look back to the front door, which we left open. It slams shut and locks. We all start shaking as we notice one thing. "We're trapped in here, aren't we?" Dawn asks.