✿ f i v e ✿

t a e h y u n g

"Mr. Park."

My teacher looked at me, annoyed, but kept his cool. "Yes, Kim Taehyung?"

I heaved in a breath.

"I-I think-" I started, then stopped. Maybe I should give this friendship shit a chance.

But this isn't just about me.

It's about Jungkook too.

Wait, I shouldn't even care about him-

"Well?" My teacher asked impatiently. I sighed. I hoped I wouldn't regret it.

"I changed my mind. I-I'all be in a team with J-Jungkook."

Mr. Park sighed and rolled his eyes. "Okay, Kim. You may leave now. Thanks for wasting my time." He mumbled the last sentence but I caught his words.

"Thank you," I said with a bow before running off to find Jungkook. It was lunch, so I guessed it would be easier.

I went into the cafeteria and scanned the place. I was slightly dissapointed when I didn't spot his brown hair and was about to walk off, but I heard his voice.

He was conversing with anothet girl who was from our previous class.

She was twirling her hair flirtishly and batting her eyelids, but Jungkook seemed to be clueless to her signs. I laughed silently at her failed attempt.

They didn't seem to notice me, so I moved a bit closer to hear what they were talking about.

He seemed uncomfortable as he scratched the back of his neck. "Look...."

"Irene," she said, pouting. She clung onto his arm and whined. "Come on, oppa. He doesn't even want to be in a team with you, but I do."

I didn't know why, but I felt a tinge of anger and jealousy inside of me when her words left her lips. Who the fuck did she think she was?

But I didn't care about her at the moment. All I cared about was Jungkook's answer.

He peeled off her hand off his arm and laughed awkwardly. "Look, Ivy-"

"Irene," she corrected, tapping her foot as she crossed her arms.

"Irene." He glanced around the room as if calling for help with his eyes.

And he met mine.

He widened his eyes and turned back to her. "I-I have to go, haha. See you later bye." He said that last sentence in a rush and walked to me.

I swear I could see Irene glaring at me.

"Were you listening the whole time?" He whisper-yelled. I gulped and nodded silently. He glared at me.

"Why didn't you say something? God, I was stuck there with her blabbering about why I should team with her instead."

I giggled and shrugged. "I guess it was funny to watch. B-But, Jungkook, I came t-to-"

"Jungkook, don't tell me you're teaming with him."

God, I hate that annoying voice.

A/N

God I have no idea how to continue the first part of the story. I'm sorry ; ^ ; I have the rest of the plot planned out tho so don't worry ;)

also Idk if I've said this, but I don't hate / have anything against any of the mean characters! They were just the ones I thought of 😂

Btw, massive shoutout to sinner_aries for always voting and reading my stories ♡😭

Anyway, thank you for reading! Have a nice day / afternoon / night ♡

-C.