4

*****

I stared at the board blankly. My wrist hurt too much to concentrate on my work, and I felt a strange feeling. A pull. But it was going two ways, a part of me pulled towards the forest while the other pulled further into the school. I did not understand why. Everything was suddenly confusing. My birthday was two days away. Gray said maybe it was my mate being close. I did not want him close! Did he have something to do with the symbol on my wrist?

"Izabella, why haven't you written anything?" I looked up at Mrs. Bryers. She was one of the few human teachers.

"I... uh... I..." I said.

I heard Sean mutter something about me to his friends before they all began laughing.

"Do you have something to say, Sean?" Mrs. Bryers looked at him.

"No, Ma'am." He said.

"That's a shame because you'll be having detention after school." She said. I smirked as he gasped.

"What? Why? I didn't say a thing!" He said.

"And I guess your friends were all laughing at nothing?" She frowned. Sean frowned before turning to the front of the classroom. "Thought so. And you, Izabella, will have time to finish your work after school too," she said.

"No, I can't. I have an... Appointment." I said contemplating using my eyes on her. My father had said it was called compelling and only really special wolves could do it. No one in my pack could, just me.

"Don't talk shit," Sean mumbled.

"Shut up," I said to him.

"What?" Mrs. Bryers said. I looked up shocked.

"I-I mean- uh... I wasn't saying that to you," I said.

"I was the only one speaking. See you in detention, Izabella." I glared at Sean and he smirked back at me.

"What an asshole," Hayley said. Sean looked at her and winked as he smirked. She glared at him.

I sighed. Detention with Sean in the same room for an hour and a half? This was undoubtedly going to end badly.

*****

I walked into detention relieved to find that I was alone. Hopefully, Sean would decide not to show up. He would get called to the principal, Mr McCartney's office and probably get a warning or something but I didn't care.

"Izabella? What are you doing here?" I smiled looking at Mr Taylor as he walked in.

"Kevin!" I smiled. He glared at me. "Mr. Taylor." I rolled my eyes and he smiled, "Sean." I said.

"Ah. Sean. Speaking of Sean. Why are you here?" Mr Taylor asked and I frowned as Sean strolled in.

"Mrs Bryers was being a bored, old, lonely bi -" Sean was saying.

"Sean." Mr Taylor warned.

"So, Mr Taylor," I rolled my eyes, it was obvious he was going to ask Mr Taylor something, "Can I leave?" Sean asked smiling.

"No, actually, little Alpha -" Mr Taylor was saying.

"Kevin, I swear to God if you don't stop calling me that..." Sean muttered.

Mr. Taylor smirked. "The boy's football team changing room needs some serious cleaning. And guess who the lucky cleaners are?" He said.

"No," Sean swore.

"Alpha Ian says you two have to do it or you're on pup sitting duty for a month." Mr. Taylor smirked.

"No!" The pups were cute and all but they were stinky and dirty. And seeing as we could shift as soon as we were three, they were a serious amount of work to take care of.