14

*****

*Izabella*

"Izabella, you have to eat." I looked up at Dad.

"So do you, but I don't see that happening," I said. He sighed taking a seat on my bed. I was using Tyler's laptop to watch random Youtube videos hoping to distract myself.

"When did you become such a smart mouth? Almost like Gray. Izabella, I'm fine," I snorted and he gave a weak smile. It had been four days since the attack on Galaxy, according to my father the re-building was going well. No one would tell me exactly what happened, who attacked them and it was getting to me.

"Eat, I'll go eat now." He said as he got up, kissed my forehead and walked out.

I shut the laptop and frowned at the food on my desk beside me. I was trying not to think about my mother, I would only start crying again. I didn't turn around as my door opened and shut, I turned around when it locked. I stared at him for a few seconds wondering how he was crazy enough to come this close to me.

"Iz -" he began but I got up and smacked him. I clenched my fist waiting for him to react, retaliate. He just stood there looking outside before he tried to speak again but this time I punched him in his face. His head swung to the side but he didn't really move. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, moving his jaw.

"Izabella, just listen to -" I hit him again, harder but it didn't really affect him, he just rubbed his cheek.

"I never - I could have helped her -!" I hit his chest, "I-I could have been there -!" I punched him again, "I could have - I should have -! It's your fault! I hate you!" I was attacking him, and he just took it for a few seconds until he grabbed both my wrist.

"I'm sorry -" he was saying. I tried to keep hitting him but he held my wrist firmly, and tears began running down my face.

"I never -" I sobbed suddenly feeling weak, "I never said goodbye to her, I -" I sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have... I shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry," he pulled me against him, I felt sparks, I didn't want to be close to him, but at the same I didn't want him to let me go when he put his arms around me. Stupid mate bond. I was too weak to fight him. "I didn't want you to get hurt. I'm so sorry." I heard him whisper.

I shut my eyes too tired to hate him. I wanted Mom. She always knew how to make pain go away, how to stop my crying, but she was gone. I was never going to see her again. I should have never left Galaxy, I would have been there, I could have done something.

'No, you couldn't.' I didn't reply when Sean linked me, I just kept crying. It hurt. It physically hurt. She was gone.

-----

"Izabella,"

"Izabella!"

"Let me sleep," I mumbled. I heard a weak chuckle.

"Iz, come on." I opened my eyes and frowned at Cohen.

"What?" I muttered trying to get my eyes to adjust to his face in the dim light of the moon that came from outside the glass wall.

"Let's go for a run, I heard you were supposed to shift a week ago to give your wolf some time to breathe." My eldest brother said.

"I'm tired. And hungry." I mumbled putting my hand on his face and shoving him away. I heard him chuckle as did Adan, Gray, Tyler, Alexis, Trent, Kaden and Sean. What were they all doing in my room?

"Come on, Iz. We need a time out, and you haven't been out of this damn room in days." Adan said.

"Let. Me. Sleep." I hissed through grit teeth.