30

*****

*Izabella*

I stared at the roof studying the little black dots of dirt on the white roof... It might have been dust... Or spiders. I had nothing else to do. I couldn't move, I was alone, the sound of beeping and little drops of my blood dripping into a pool of it in the bag were the only things I could hear... Well, accept some movement coming from outside of the room I was in.

"Are you done with her?" I heard someone.

"No," that was Edgar.

"You're lying. You have to have some of her blood already." The person growled.

"Well, I don't." Edgar said, "Watch out, Claude, you touch me and you'll never get her blood." Edgar chuckled. "I'll see you guys later," he said.

I heard a door shut and the sound of something smashing.

"I f*cking hate that guy." I think that was Claude speaking... Whoever Claude was. I guessed Travellers had the same hearing skills as humans did.

"Calm down, Claude. We'll be rid of these pests soon enough." Another man spoke.

"Shh! The girl will hear you, idiots." A third person spoke. Well, he's smart.

"Nah, she can't. The room paralysed her and all of her senses." The man said. It does? Why can I hear them then? And see? And smell my blood from the packet? The dripping was beginning to annoy me.

Wait, what did the guy mean when he said 'get rid of these pest'? Were they using the Travellers just like the Travellers were using them? Pretty twisted partnership if you ask me. Maybe I could use it against them...

I shut my eyes, my heart suddenly beating faster. It was calming though, my body felt the familiar mate pull that belonged to Sean that the room supposedly blocked. Why did he feel so close? Was this my mind playing tricks on me? I shut my eyes letting the overwhelming feeling take over me.

"Sean, stop." My eyes shot open when I heard Cole.

"No, I'm close," I heard a worn-out Sean say to his father, 'Izzy?' He had linked to me. How could I hear him? Was I imagining this?

"Sean, that's enough -" I heard my dad.

"No! No! Please, I got her, I promise I found her, don't -" He said, 'Izabella, do you hear me?' He asked me, his voice pleadingly desperate. Why?

'Sean,' I linked back. My breath caught in my throat as Edgar's scent filled the room.

'Oh my God, where are you? Are you okay? Who took you? Iz -' he was saying.

'I -' I began but Edgar's anger-filled eyes made my blood run cold before he smirked.

'Izabella -?' Sean began but Edgar's hand on my neck blocked him out and at the same time I felt my oxygen supply being cut off as my entire body began to burn.

I let out a pained scream trying to tell him to stop, I couldn't take the pain. It was too much. I didn't heal as fast as other wolves, I was basically a burning human. I heard him chuckle, but my own screams drowned out his voice. I knew he wouldn't kill me, he was only going to torture me.

-----

*Sean*

I cried out as the noise in my head amplified, Izabella's pull and scent suddenly gone, but somehow I could still hear her pained, fearful screams.

"Sean -!" My father cried out, alarmed.

'I wouldn't be hurting her if you weren't so stupid.' The Traveller's voice popped into my head, I don't know-how.

"Please -" I could feel the fire, I couldn't breathe, I could feel her pain, "Please, stop, don't hurt her," I begged him.

"Sean, enough -!" Ian's voice was distant.

'I won't hurt her if just give up. You all back off, and she'll be fine.' The noise was suddenly gone, my mind painfully silent.

I let out a sob.

"Sean," Hayley's voice was soft, scared. I was crying.

I was crying in front of my friends, I was being so weak. What kind of Alpha was I? But I couldn't stop, I had been so close and now I didn't know what he was doing to her. How badly he was hurting her.

I felt Hayley hug me as Alexis did too. I shut my eyes leaning my head on Hayley's shoulder as I tried to compose myself. If, no, when I found him, I was going to kill him. I was going to make it the most painful experience of his life.

According to Marcus that was what I had to do, kill the Traveller and his mark would leave with him. It went the same way the other way around. I was not going to let him kill me, I would not do that to Izabella. I would rather we fight for the rest of our lives about the stupid mate bond than have her be mated to him.

"Sean," Ian's voice was calm, but I could hear that he wanted desperately to know what just happened.

"Traveller has her," I mumbled lifting my head, I frowned at the blood on Hayley's shoulder. I wiped my eyes and grimaced at the mixture of tears and blood. What the hell? So that's why they so desperately wanted me to stop.

"Well, that makes it easier for you to kill him." Marcus had come with us so he could see Hillary's grave.

"No, that makes it easier for him to kill Sean," Alexis said.

Well, I had to say both of them were right. If he kept on hurting Izabella, I would surely die. But since he hurt her, I was definitely going to kill him.

I got up and sent Matt a smile when he threw a damp cloth at me. I wiped my bloody eyes and nose before I looked at Alpha Ian as I cleared my throat.

"So, what do we do next?" I asked. He sighed and shrugged.

"I figured we would contact some more witches and warlocks, and then we'll take it from there. Marc?" Ian looked at Marcus nodded. "Let's get to it, then." He said.

*****