8

*****

I woke up feeling my head pound. I shut my eyes tighter rolling over to my side and curling into a ball.

"You're awake." I heard a voice I recognised but my head hurt too badly to put a name to the voice. Where was my mom? She could cure this. I heard a chuckle. "Izabella."

I opened my eyes and frowned as my eyes met a body before they traced it to a face. Tyler.

"My head," I whined. What the hell happened?

"Yeah, apparently the wolf that bit you didn't brush his teeth too often and you got sick." I glared at Tyler because of his stupid answer and he laughed.

I looked at my arm, it was completely healed, like I had never been touched.

"What actually happened was you lost a lot of blood and you passed out." Tyler said, "But hey, no one saw you and the kids in our pack now think you're awesome for attacking the wolves." He added.

I groaned as I sat up. Whose bedroom was this?

"Shouldn't you be in daycare or something?" I asked Tyler. He frowned at me.

"I'm eighteen." He said.

"I didn't notice," I said, annoying him more.

"So," he smirked, "I heard you're mated to Sean, Luna." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not mated to anyone." I got up.

"Problems in your relationship already, Luna?" He asked.

"Stop calling me that. I'm no one's Luna and there is no relationship to have problems in. Are you usually this annoying?" I was bordering on punching him in the face.

"Aw, don't be so mean. I was just kidding." He pouted. I rolled my eyes.

"How am I related to you?" I mumbled and he chuckled.

"I'm your cousin." He said. I grabbed his left wrist to see a tattoo identical to my own before I held his wrist to his face so he could look at his tattoo.

"No sh*t." I said using his hand to whack him on his cheek.

"You're -" he was saying.

"Finally awake?" We both looked at the door as Joe walked in.

"Finally?" I asked confused.

"She's only been out for an hour, Alpha," Tyler said.

"Yes, that's quite a while." Tyler and I looked at each other. Joe was wacky in the head, I thought.

"Yeah, 'long while'." Tyler mumbled before looking at Joe, "Anything you can tell us about the Titans?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, they attacked us," Joe said. Tyler rolled his eyes.

"Oh? I didn't notice that, uncle Joe. I thought they came here to dance and wish someone a happy birthday but they didn't bring cake. What kind of wolves don't bring cake?!" Tyler said. Joe chuckled as I smiled.

"We're still looking into it, and now for you, Izabella, you could have gotten seriously hurt." Joe frowned at me.

"I doubt that, Alpha, she did stab a Titan in the shoulder and kill another," Tyler said.

"Ty, quiet. You are lucky no Titan saw you as they left and the two that did see you are dead. What were you thinking, Izabella?" Joe frowned at me.

"They broke the door! You would have expected that I just stood there and did nothing?" I asked.

Joe sighed. "How are you a fighter anyway?" He asked.