18

*****

*Izabella*

There were too many deaths in the past three days. First, Nathaniel was murdered and then two men were found dead not far from the packhouse yesterday and today a woman was found on the borders.

"Alright, kids." I looked up as Dad walked into the room.

"You've all missed too much school, especially you, Izzy. Three weeks in your final year, so guess who has to go to school on Monday?" Dad said. Ah geez.

"Izzy has to go alone and we can miss another week?" I punched Jason's arm as the words left his mouth and he smirked at me.

"Ha-ha, no, Jason. All of you, and I've arranged for you all to stay in school later to catch up with the work and tests you've missed." Dad said.

"Seriously, Alpha? You're killing us!" Matt groaned from across the carpet where he was currently glued to the TV screen with Sean as they played Need for Speed.

"I know, and while I'm at it, Eric; you've fallen behind in your training, so -" He was saying.

"No!" Eric cut him off. We all laughed.

"You'll be spending an extra hour and a half in the gym every day," Dad said smiling.

"Can't I just stay at school an hour and a half longer? It's training my mind." Eric said.

"Yeah, but your biceps could use a little training too," Hayley smirked.

I laughed as Eric glared at her. "There's nothing wrong with my biceps." He mumbled flexing his biceps as he touched it.

"No disrespect, Alpha. But to avoid you giving me any work, is there a specific reason you came here?" Jason asked.

"To tell us we have school tomorrow, idiot," Andrew chuckled shoving Jason's head.

"Do I have to drive you?" Dad looked at me.

"I'll drive her," Sean said.

"I'll walk." I smiled at him. I wasn't completely used to not having the 'I hate you, stay the hell away from me' relationship with him yet. I felt a little guilty when he looked away, a flash of hurt in his eyes.

"Whatever." He muttered.

"What are you doing?" Alexis asked looking across the room.

I looked at Corey as he lifted his nose and smelt the air.

"Do you guys smell that?" He mumbled.

"He who smelt it dealt it! It wasn't me!" Matt yelled out.

"What?" We all looked at him confused but Sean and his (and Matt's) close friends began laughing. Inside joke? I'll get Sean to tell me about Matt's reaction some other time, it looked funny.

"I wasn't talking about the smell of faeces. It smells... Good... Very good." Corey mumbled. "Whoever is wearing that, I need it." He said looking around at us.

"What are you talking about, man? All I smell is her -" Sean motioned to me. I rolled my eyes. Stupid. We could all track our mates by their scents so we could obviously smell our mates. Wait. Our mates!

"Oh my Gosh! It's your mate!" I yelled.

"My ears!" Sean hissed, I just stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes but I didn't miss how the edges of his lips stretched upwards as he turned back to the television. I smiled. I don't know why.

"In the Inferno pack?" Dad asked.

"Our pack? So you're switching packs?" Kaden asked Corey.

"Pfft, no. She's switching packs, he can't." Hayley said.