22

*****

*Sean*

My eyes blurred before they cleared and I stumbled back as the image of Izabella's tear-stained face appeared in front of me. What just happened? I could taste blood... Where -? My eyes fell onto her neck. No.

"Iza -" I began as I raised my hand to touch her.

"Stay away from me!" She yelled causing me to stumble back.

"I'm sorry -" I began feeling pained at the amount of fear and hatred on her face, in her eyes.

"I hate you! I'd rather die than be with you! And no matter what I say or feel because of this stupid bond and stupid mark, I will always hate you. Stay. Away. From. Me." She said just as the door opened.

"What's going on here? We heard screaming -" Ian was saying.

"I'm so sorry," I said softly. Her words hurt me, but knowing that I marked her and she didn't want it, knowing that I can't even remember that I marked her or how, that hurt more and I hated myself. "I'm so sorry, Izabella," I whispered before turning and pushing by Cohen, Ian, Joe, Adan and Gray as I walked out. No doubt they were all going to try to kill me later.

I stumbled down the stairs as my eyes began to blur. It was happening again, it was stronger and it was happening more frequently. I had to get out of there before I hurt anyone else.

*Izabella*

"Sorry, Cole. But when I find your son, I'm going to f*cking kill him." My Dad didn't swear often, so when he swore, he was either extremely happy, surprised or pissed the heck off.

"I can't believe he would do this," Cole mumbled shaking his head.

"Yeah? Well, whether we would like to believe it or not, he did it and I'm going to find him." Cohen said.

"Let him go," I mumbled. They all looked at me. I was sitting on my bed between Hayley and Alexis.

"Let him go?" Corey echoed in disbelief.

"She's not thinking straight, it's the mark," Adan said.

"No," I shook my head, "I am... Just... Let him go..." I said.

Despite what I said to Sean, about me hating him, I still thought something was wrong with him. I really believed he wasn't okay. Maybe it was the look on his face when he left, or the weird black-red flash his eyes have been doing lately (like right after he bit me), whatever it was, I felt like it was bad. The bite marks on my neck had healed but there was now a mark in its place. Maybe it was the mark, but I didn't hate him. I couldn't. And... I didn't want to either. I didn't understand why, but I was too tired to think about it.

"This just doesn't seem like him, though. Sean wouldn't..." Dad drifted as he looked at the mark on my neck.

"It's not like him." I looked to see Jason, Matt, Eric and Andrew at my door.

"Maybe we should have told you this earlier, but Sean thought you all had too much to deal with already, Alpha," Matt said.

"Told me what?" Dad asked.

"When you guys went to the mall, and Sean went to the bathroom," Eric looked at me.

"When we found him practically unconscious and his clothing was ripped?" Corey asked, Eric nodded.

"He lied about what happened. He told us the guy he met in the bathroom touched him and it felt like he burnt into him, like he was ripping open his skin." Eric said.

"You can't be serious, is this you trying to cover for that a**hole?" Gray asked, he was obviously not very happy with them.

"Wait, Gray. Burnt into him?" Dad asked.