35

*****

*Sean*

I stopped running as I felt Izabella's pull getting further away from me. She running from me! Why was she running from me?!

I didn't even have time to think about it because I heard growls from my left and I turned to see a crowd of the bear-like wolves growling and barking at us.

"Shift." My father ordered. No. I'm not fighting until I find Izzy, this would only make her get further away. I couldn't take a chance and possibly end up losing her pull again. They all shifted but I set off running in the direction her mate pull was taking me.

I heard footsteps behind me and I knew some of my pack had followed me. I stopped as a house came to view.

"I smell fire," I mumbled.

"Travellers? Don't worry, they're practically powerless now." Marcus said.

"How? They took over his body once. I would like to think that's pretty powerful." Jason said. I agreed.

"Yes, but now there's a spell that prevents it on that house. So whatever you do while we fight them, keep them inside and don't leave the house." Marcus said.

"Got it, shift," Corey said. This time I did what everyone else did, shifting before I ran leading them into the house.

I sniffed the air and followed Izabella's scent up the stairs.

"You killed her! You killed my Julie! And now you're going to watch me kill your precious little Clara!" I heard the familiar Traveller's voice shout.

I ran into the room, and upon seeing him pinning Izzy to the wall, his hands secured around her neck as he burned her and she couldn't breathe. Just because they couldn't take over our bodies, didn't mean they couldn't burn us. I launched at him and bit his thigh.

I heard him cry out but suddenly all the noise from the house was gone. I instantly jumped back as he dropped Izzy before I launched in front of her and growled at him.

He had teleported us from the house, I could no longer touch him because then he would just infest my body. I had to kill him without touching him, but how?!

I heard Izzy get up, I growled at her but she ignored me and ran into the corner of the room.

"Izzy," I heard Clara. Wait, if Clara was already here, that would mean he wasn't the only traveller here. I shifted making the doors slam closed as I did.

Before the Traveller could say a thing I grabbed a vase and threw it against his head. He wasn't expected it and I was incredibly fast, he fell back.

This must have been their house because the room had closets in it. I opened one and found a pair of shorts as I heard pounding on the doors.

"You need to leave, I'll stall," I said to Izabella having put the shorts on.

Izzy didn't argue as she pulled Clara off the bed.

"No! No! You're not going anywhere!" The Traveller shouted and the room burst into flames.

'Go!' I shouted at Izabella through a link as I grabbed a cupboard and flung it at him.

He didn't have werewolf speed so he couldn't see it coming and once again fell back as it smashed against him, I didn't let him rest this time; I grabbed the mirror and smashed it onto him but I froze hearing Clara scream from outside. No. At the same time the doors smashed open but before anyone else could touch me I felt the Traveller's hand grip my skin. I instantly began burning.