29

*****

*Sean*

I cried out falling back. I let out a loud, aggravated shout.

"Try again," Ian said. I nodded sitting up.

"No, that's enough." My father said, "He's drained, he can't do this anymore, Ian, it's not working."

"No, no. I'm fine. Let me try again." I said.

My father sighed running his hands over his face before his brown eyes met mine. I had my mother's eyes. "Fine. One more time, Sean." He said, "This is the last time." He added.

"The last time today, Beta." I corrected. He frowned at me shaking his head and just by that I knew that I wouldn't be able to convince him to let me do this again, I had to do it right this time.

I shut my eyes and concentrated on Izabella. I had to find her. I had to find her that day. God knows what they were doing to her. I should have know she would somehow get herself into trouble. She never thinks! I clenched my fist. How am I supposed to find her when I can't even feel the pull? Where do I begin to look? For all I know, she's out of linking range.

I grit my teeth as I tried to find her, my head began pounding as a squealing noise started up in it. It was the same noise I had gotten the previous time, but now it was much more intense, my head felt like it was going to blow.

"Sean, Stop." I heard my father.

"No," I said.

I was getting closer, I could feel it. I cried out lifting my hands to my ears trying to stop the noise which I knew only I could hear, it didn't help. I cried out as it intensified, my head felt like it was going to burst.

"Sean, enough!" I heard Ian.

"No!" I hissed.

I was close, I could feel it, my heart skipped when her scent suddenly engulfed me, I could hear soft breathing, beeping. I let out a groan at the pain my head was in but knowing I almost had her, I wasn't going to give up. She was scared, I could feel it.

"Sean! Stop! That's an order!" And just like that, the noise was gone and so was everything that came with it.

I let out a frustrated shout as I slammed my fist into the black gym mat I was sitting on.

"Why the hell did you do that?! I almost had her!" I shouted at Ian, all my calmness gone causing me not to care how I spoke to him.

"You were going to f*cking hurt yourself," Jason said.

"No, I wasn't," I said.

"Really? Look at yourself, Sean. You're shaking, your nose is bleeding, your eyes are bloodshot and your veins are popped out. You're even shaking!" Eric said.

I glanced to my side into the mirror across the room and I realised he was right. I lifted my white sleeve to my nose before I stared at the contrast the red blood made against the white as I sighed.

"I almost had it... I could smell her... I heard her breathing... She must be asleep..." I whispered, "She's so scared..." I muttered clenching my fist.

My father sighed.

"Fine, Sean. Get some rest tonight, and tomorrow morning I'll let you try this one more time. If it doesn't work then or you look like you're in too much pain, we'll find another way." He said.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"They won't hurt her, they need her," Matt said.

"No, they won't KILL her," I corrected, "that doesn't mean they wouldn't hurt her," I said.

"Sean, if you get hurt, you won't be able to find her anyway. So what's the point in pushing it?" Eric asked.

I sighed. "Fine..." I muttered.

We all looked up as the door opened and Riley walked in. I held out my hand and Cohen helped me up.

"Cohe -" Riley began but his hand silenced her.

"I have nothing to say to you." He said before walking by her and out of the gym, she turned to Gray but he was already following his brother. She looked at me and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry." She said to me.

"Don't apologise to me," I said.

"Sean, -" she began.

"I don't know how you must have felt and must still be feeling, Riley, but Izzy wouldn't have done that to you, and Adan definitely wouldn't have done that to anyone. My father and Ian, they didn't do that when my mother and our Luna were killed. And now because of you, we've lost another wolf and this time, her blood just happens to be the one thing everyone could use to destroy us. I hope you're happy now." I said, maybe I was wrong, harsh or rude, but I was absolutely pissed at her.

Ian sighed.

"We should all just get some sleep." He said before making his way out of the gym, I didn't even glance Riley's way again as I walked by her and followed our Alpha out.

-----

I sighed staring up at the ceiling. How was I supposed to sleep when all I could think about was Izabella? Well, at this point she was always all I thought about, but now I was worried. I wanted her beside me, even though she would shove me away. I needed her close to me. The fact that she now had two 'mates' scared both my wolf and me. I was so afraid that she would accept him and not me, maybe I was being stupid, but the thought that she hated me made me think she would do anything to get away from me. I couldn't take the thought of her being with someone else. I sighed turning to look out of my window at the moon, I hated sleeping with the curtains closed because it hid the moon. Hopefully, the Gods would help me because I was feeling pretty helpless at that moment.

*****