36

*****

*Izabella*

I wasn't looking at him, I couldn't and instead looked behind me.

"What do you mean you're not coming home?" Sean asked.

"Exactly that, Sean. I'm not going back to Galaxy or Inferno." I said.

He gave a harsh sigh and the sound made my wolf whimper inside my head.

I turned to look at him and swallowed unsurely. His eyes were black, the same black they had been when we always fought at school, when I made him so angry he would almost beat me up and if his friends weren't there, he probably would have beaten me up. I was afraid of him. I didn't trust him with those eyes. But it wasn't that...

"Izzy, come on, let's go." He said almost pleadingly, when I didn't move his face dropped as he looked at me.

"You still don't trust me? That's fine, Izabella. But I'm going to spend the rest of my life proving that I will never hurt you or let you or anyone you love get hurt again, and not just because you're my mate. Just come with me, please." He said, his eyes fading to their normal green.

"No..." I whispered. He looked away a little angry before he looked back at me, his face hurt.

"Why? Why is it so hard for you to accept me as your mate? Why is it so hard for you to love me?" He asked.

"I... I don't trust you, Sean. I trust that you'll protect me, you'll protect the entire pack. I just... I can't believe that you'll protect everyone I love because if someone or something threatened our pack, you'd give yourself up." His jaw dropped a little when he finally realised exactly what I meant, "And I can't lose anyone else... I can't get close to you only to have you die because of me, and I can't stay at Galaxy or Inferno because all I'll be doing is putting everyone in danger..." I swallowed the knot in my throat before taking a deep breath, "I'm not coming back with you, Sean." I said feeling tears in my eyes as I looked down to avoid his eyes.

"I'm not going to accept you, Sean. I'm never going to. So just reject me and be happy... Ban me from the pack." I said looking up at him. I was asking him because I knew there was no chance my father would ban me. He shook his head.

"Don't accept me, Izabella. But I'm not going to reject you. You leave, and I will find you. I'll follow you. If you're not in the pack, then I won't be either -" he was saying.

"You're going to be Alpha, you can't just leave -" I was saying.

"I can, and I will. You're my mate, and even if you weren't, I was bound to admit that I liked you sometimes. I have a huge responsibility to Galaxy, but so do you, Luna." He said.

"Exactly, Sean. I'm going to be Luna, so if leaving the pack is what I have to do to protect everyone in it, and everyone in Inferno as well, that's what I have to do. That's my responsibility." I said. He clenched his jaw.

"Yeah? Well, I don't care about those responsibilities right now. You're my responsibility, you're all I care about right now. If you leave the pack, Izabella, so will I. I'm not changing my mind about this." He said seriously. I sighed.

"You're blackmailing me by saying you'll leave the pack..." I mumbled looking at the ground. I couldn't let him leave the pack, he was to be their Alpha within just two years.

"You'll get over it." I looked up at him and he smiled. I gave a soft laugh. "Come home, Izabella. We'll figure it out as we go." He said, his smile now gone.

I walked closer to him until I was right in front of him. I raised my hand and touched his cheek rubbing my thumb on a bruise that was disappearing from his skin until there was no sign he had ever been hurt there.

"That day you cursed me in the hall, right before my birthday, and Jason had to stop you from killing me," I said I watched his confused eyes as they searched mine for the reason I was reminding him of it, "Who would have thought that a few months later you would be begging me to stay and hopefully accept you?" I smiled. He frowned at me and I laughed.

"I'm not beg..." He drifted before letting out a defeated, annoyed sigh as he looked by me and grit his teeth, "Fine. I'm begging." He pouted as his eyes met mine. I laughed.

"Maybe one day, if you keep begging, I'll eventually accept you." I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek, my hands on his chest helping me keep my balance. He chuckled and I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"You didn't say I would hope that you fall in love with me." He smirked, I felt my cheeks heat up, he was right; I didn't. "So that would mean you already have?" He said taking my hand. I pulled my hand from his rolling my eyes.

"Believe that if you want to, little Alpha." I smirked as he frowned at the word 'little', it always irritated him when people said that, "Race you home." I added before sprinting away from him.

*****

"Wait, we need more people to help -" Alexis was saying.

"Sorry, can't help, I have to go speak to my dad about my mom." Sean shrugged. I frowned at him and he smirked walking out into the back yard. I smiled as he glanced back at me and winked.

"You know what? My father could use some company too, so... Yeah." Cohen said walking out of the kitchen.

"I'll join him," Gray said walking out after our brother.

"They're so lazy." Bianca, Gray's mate, said. We were all supposed to be serving everyone at the joint pack barbecue (the Titans were also there since Joe and my dad found out they actually had a lot in common with Vincent, that and a few people from our packs were mated to Titans so they had to make peace).

"Now we're three people down. I refuse to work faster, this is our barbecue too." Jason frowned.

"I know someone we could use." Kaden smiled, "Jay?" He said to Tyler.

"Ah! Jayden! Yes, fetch him, Kade. He never leaves his room." Tyler said.

"I'll come with you," I said to Kaden as we jogged upstairs.

"You'll like Jay, he's really cool, one of my best friends. He writes and plays the guitar, he has an awesome voice too." Kaden said as we walked up the stairs, "He's pretty self-conscious thought, don't tell him I said that." I laughed but stopped as we got closer to a room at the end of the hall and we could hear singing. Kaden wasn't joking about Jayden's voice, he really sounded amazing.

"Oh yeah, he's gay." Kaden said shoving open the door, "Jayden! We need help downstairs and your name came up." Kaden said.

I watched as Jayden pushed his hood off and looked at us. He was quite handsome. He looked at Kaden narrowing his brown eyes. "You brought it up." He muttered.

"Basically, now stop being antisocial and come help us, this is Izabella, or Izzy, Alpha's niece," Kaden said.

Jayden's dark brown eyes drifted to me and he gave a crooked smile. "Hi..." He mumbled.

"Hey, you can sing really well." I smiled.

"Oh, uh... Thank you," he said avoiding my eyes. He seemed to be quite shy.

"Come on." Kaden smiled.

We walked downstairs, Kaden telling me about Jayden's failures in training while Jayden told me how Kaden couldn't dance to save his life.

We walked into the kitchen and Jayden stopped mid-sentence as he saw someone. I followed his eyes to Corey's shocked face and I instantly knew what happened.

Corey finally found his mate.

*****

Thank you guys so much for taking your time to read this book! There will be a book about Corey and Jayden called:

Learning To Love Him

I'll upload it in a few hours.

Thanks for the support, you guys are awesome. I hope you liked this book. Please vote, comment and share.

:D