28

*****

*Izabella*

I opened my eyes, I was on a bed, I could hear soft beeping. My bed? No... I opened my eyes, I was in a white room. Hospital? Can't be, it doesn't smell like one.

"Daddy?" I was barely able to whisper as I tried to sit up but I couldn't. My arms felt numb, as did the rest of my body, I couldn't move anything.

"Daddy's not here right now, Izzy." My eyes darted to the door, which I was luckily facing because I wouldn't have been able to move my head to look at who had spoken.

Edgar.

"Nice, isn't it? A spell-bound room that paralysis any werewolf that steps into it, no matter what kind." He smiled. "How is she doing, doctor?"

"Great, heart rate's normal. You'll be fine, little wolf." I felt a pat on my head.

He wasn't a wolf... Another traveller maybe?

Edgar muttered a short spell before smiling at me.

"I lifted the spell just enough for you to move your head and speak... Or whisper, same thing." He said.

I turned to look at the guy behind me, he wore a white lab coat, his hair was greying. He was just as pale as Edgar was. My eyes fell onto the equipment beside him and my eyes widened slightly as they fell on the clear bag which little red drops of blood were slowly dripping into. I followed the red tube to my arm where it was taped to my wrist.

I barely had enough energy to clench my fist. It might have been because of the room's spell, or because they were taking too much blood and my body wasn't replacing it fast enough.

"Why... Why are you doing this?" I mumbled, "It won't help you." I added.

'Yes, but it will help the wolves we're going to use to destroy all of you before we kill them as well.' Edgar mind-linked me. He didn't want them hearing him... So these wolves that the travellers wanted to 'use' had to be pretty close by.

"Use?" I spoke out loud to annoy him.

He chuckled. 'Don't push it, Izabella. Your life is literally in my hands, slow healer.' He said. He lifted his hand and touched the mark on my neck softly as he chuckled, my skin tingled. My wolf growled softly at the fact that my heart was racing at just his touch and he was not Sean. It kind of pissed me off too, but then again, it pissed me off that I liked Sean too... Well sometimes. "Does this make you like me? You know I'm way older than you, Izabella and you're not really what I look for in a woman. I'm flattered, though." He said, chuckling.

"You're going to get killed," I said softly. He chuckled.

"What? Sean's going to bark at me?" He laughed and so did the doctor.

"No, I'm going to rip your heart out." I glared at him. He laughed.

"You? Kill me? Please. You're the weakest Amarelo I've ever met, Izabella. And, you can't kill your mate without killing half of yourself." He smirked, "It's a nice mark." He said.

I sucked in a drained breath as my eyes drooped.

"Alright, that's enough for now, we can't have her fainting. Give her some food." The doctor said detaching the machinery from my arm.

"Here's the food." My nose picked up the wolf's scent before my eyes found their face. Unlike the doctor and Edgar, his feet stayed just outside the room's opening.

"Thank you," Edgar took the tray from him. The werewolf looked at me.

"Where's the blood?" He asked.

"We didn't get much, she's too weak. Barely a few drops, we'll try tomorrow morning." Edgar said. He was lying. They got more than a few drops. I didn't mention anything to the wolf about it though.

"Right." The werewolf nodded and left.

I watched as Edgar placed the plate on a table beside the bed before he took a spoon of mashed potatoes and held it to my mouth. I just stared at him, did he seriously think I would eat something he gave me?

"Look, you can eat it willingly or I'm going to have Klay slit a hole in your throat so I can shove a pipe down it and make you eat. Besides, why would we poison you if we need your blood?" He said. Klay must have been the doctor.

I reluctantly opened my mouth and let him feed me. It tasted weird... Like it had been burnt.

"So," I swallowed, "You get a litre of my blood and you let me go?" I asked.

"No," he chuckled, "The power boost wears off after about five years, so you'll have to get used to us." He smiled.

I stared at him. They were keeping me here?

"I won't be here long enough to even remember his name." I nodded my head to the doctor. I was trying to stay awake and pretend they didn't scare me. But I didn't want that needle going back into my wrist. I didn't want to be lying there completely paralysed and vulnerable. It was my own fault though. Sean was right, I never thought before I did things. I had always been impulsive.

"Your family isn't coming to get you, Izabella. Sean can't feel your pull, he can't link to you, because every time he tries to, his head feels like it's about to blow up." He said. I clenched my jaw as I glared up at him.

"Why are you so hell-bent on revenge? Obviously, the wolves didn't wipe the travellers out if you're standing here. No wolf alive today lived back then. Why are you holding this grudge?" I asked.

"To make your ancestors turn in their graves. And also," he leaned close to me, 'Because we will make werewolves, witches realise that they're nothing compared to us. All of you, every wolf in the world, will bow down, witches, as well as every single being alive will follow.' He linked me.

"What's stopping me from yelling out your plans to whoever can hear them?" I whispered instead of linking him to anger him. He chuckled.

"Well, Clara." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"When I or rather, when Sean stabbed her, that knife had some special poison on it, Izabella." He said.

"You're lying." I clenched my fist, my head getting lighter causing me to release an exhausted breath.

"Believe that if you want to, but she's deteriorating slowly, and funnily enough, the only thing that can save her is you. Your blood. And guess where you are now?" He asked. I clenched my jaw wanting to hurt him but I couldn't move. I was so frustrated and angry. How could he have thought this far ahead?!

"So, Izzy, scream. Tell them all you want, but know that Clara's starting to feel the effects of the poison soon, and after a month of pure agony, pure suffering, she'll die. Joe, Gail, Ian..." He trailed off, "They'll live knowing they watched her die and couldn't help her. And her blood," he chuckled, "Like everyone before her's, including your brother's, will be on your hands." He said.

I felt a knot rise into my throat as tears threatened to leak. I was so tired of all of this. All the dying, the constant threats, the trouble, I was sick of crying and wishing it wasn't me.

"Now beg me to save her life, Izabella, because right now and forever after this," he said, 'You and every drop of blood in your body belongs to me.' He linked me.

*****