4. S5-Report

Finally! I was finally being promoted to Tsee and given captaincy of Fifth Squad.  I've just been waiting for that asshole Rockwell to screw up badly enough. It was only a matter of time, though longer than I ever expected it would take, for his own arrogance to get me out of his shadow. 

It was sheer coincidence that I was dealing with family matters and was absent the day that my Squad was tasked with exploring and classifying the new Space in Forest Rotation.  Rockwell had sent in those spineless little shits, Greg and Eric, to scout the Space.  One look at what was there that Fourth and Twelfth Squads were reporting and they probably pissed themselves and rushed back claiming it was safe, so they wouldn't have to deal with it.  Normally, I and my sister are the exploration mission leads and we've never given anyone reason to doubt our assessment.  Which is exactly why no one second-guessed a report by Fifth. 

Whatever.  At least, I no longer had to listen to the narcissistic bastard refer to himself in third person. 

Fifth Squad could earn its respect back.  Rockwell was demoted and transferred to Eighth.  Have fun with that Tsee Kajal. Ha!
And Greg and Eric are completely out.  They'll be peacekeepers assigned to one of Tare's most remote algae-farming communities. 

Jade will always be a pain in my ass, but as her brother she listens to me. I am looking forward to training with the two Kalrani who are being promoted to fill out the Squad properly.

Only one complication remains. However, even he won't have his hooks in my Squad for much longer.  I just need to bide my time and things will settle into place.