48. Scrutinized Legend

Interface Channel: Private
Users: Sean Green, Owen Blackbourne

O: How is she?

S: Still sleeping. Whatever happened out there required a very high Energy output.

O: Did anything else show up in your tests?

S: Nope. Scans all normal...well, 'normal' for Sang. Her brain wave mapping is so different.

O: Yes, I've read Ista Phillips ' reports.

S: Did you see the results from when they conducted scans as she did the talent-borrowing trick? Her Brain wave map starts to mimic that of whoever's talent she borrows. It's fascinating.

O: I thought you researched something indicating she isn't entirely unique in that regard?

S: yeah... But we found only one case with something similar...Sight talent twins whose brain wave maps aligned as they used their ability in tandem. The names were redacted but I assume it must have been the Bubles.

O: Probably. I'll ask Uncle and see if he has any information to add.

S: Hey so what's up with Bremmet's negative attitude towards Sang and Setari in general?

O: She was dismissed early on from the Kalrani program. Her file cites a lack of motivation and discipline to push herself and improve mediocre psychic talents.

S: Ha! And she accuses Sang of a lack of motivation?! I guess that explains her attitude towards Setari...but it seems more personal than that.

O: Oh, it is...Uncle rejected her advances multiple times when they were younger.

S: What!?! She had the hots for Tsur Buble?! 😯

O: Yes, it seems she was virtually obsessed...the distraction of which is probably what contributed to her low performance scores and resulted in her transfer out of the program to an alternate KOTIS track.

S:How did she even stay within KOTIS?

O:Her family had some political pull. I think her grandfather was a former Lehanti of Kessine. Here. I Sent you the file.

S: Hmmmm....Carol Bremmet....son Jimmy....so it looks like she formed a union with someone.....this all looks pretty ordinary. How did she move up to to the rank of Tsaile and get put in charge of exploring Kalasa?

O: She's been instrumental in cleaning up the mess with McCoy's department.

S: Huh...well, I have to get back to another patient. I'll let you know when Sang wakes up.

*******

"Really. I feel just fine, now. No nausea. No headache. I feel much better and very well rested," I claimed to the  skeptical purple-suit. 

"Fine," he replied, "but you stay here until Ista Green returns and clears your release."

"Okay. Okay. But I definitely don't need this IV line anymore," I replied. I reached over to tug at the line asking, "Can I take it out, now?"

He huffed and stilled my hands saying, "Yes, but you can't do it yourself...I mean...I know you assist in Medbay and technically 'can' but you aren't authorized to. Here. Just give me a den and I'll take care of it."

I sighed and dutifully placed my hands on my lap. I knew that I was being an impatient patient, but based on what I saw in that dream-vision or whatever it was, I wanted to return to Kalasa as soon as possible. First, I needed to get out of Medbay and tell the others about what I had seen.

Thankfully, Sean came in just as the purple-suit finished removing the IV line.

"Pookie," he greeted me with a stern frown. "I hear you are defying the medics and making demands for apple pie."