20. S2-Report

Roast. Grind. Brew.

Roast. Grind. Brew.

Roast. Grind. Brew.

The repetition was keeping me sane as we waited to hear how she was doing. No one was complaining and the quehve wasn't getting wasted. So I just kept at it.

After the battle with that massive Ionoth, the field medic had worked furiously to prep both Coalter and Kayli for immediate transfer back to the MedBay at Camelot. It killed the rest of my squad to stay behind and wait for replacements, but Fourth Squad couldn't be left behind alone. They didn't even have their full squad. I traveled with Kayli and Coalter and plans were set in motion for another two squads to be brought to Muina. Most of the rest of Fourth Squad joined Ninth Squad and relieved my squad mates. Ista Sean Green stayed and Ista Phillips had even traveled with Ninth and Third Squad to Muina. They didn't want to risk bringing Kayli through Deep-Space to get back to Tare. She had to be treated on-planet.

Waiting sucks. Waiting alone sucks more. I even resorted to hanging out by Coalter's bedside for awhile. He asked me to start calling him Blake.

Fuck. I probably should. He took that spike in the leg saving Kayli. She wouldn't have survived otherwise. I don't even want to imagine if....

It was better once the others arrived. Blake was already healing well with the nanocyte reconstruction and Kayli was out of surgery and recovering. But she was still not conscious.

Now, there is a collection of fruit cups waiting, too. Along with some Muinian fish in a bowl of lake water and some poorly assembled paper flowers that Ista Green tried teaching Corey and Brandon to make. The green-suits didn't approve of picking the Muinian flower specimens. I am pretty sure Axel only managed to sneak the fish by because he is actually taking study notes on its behavior in captivity.

Kevin and Mindy are here too as members of Third Squad. It's good to have them around. Kevin took over captainship of Third when Co...uh...Blake joined Second. We still partner with their Squad for some Rotations, but I miss Kevin. He helped keep us out of trouble. He's happy with Mindy and an excellent captain, though, so I am glad for him.

I am about to start another round of Roast/Grind/Brew when Axel calls out for Ista Phillips.

"I think she's waking up."

That's all I need to hear and I am darting backdown the hallway.