23. Outsourced

A/n: FYI, this chapter gets a little mature. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn out sounding utterly ridiculous. Lol.
*********

Attention! Attention!

Setari Sighting Live Streaming Now!

To any fellow Setari Watcher in or around Rada Junction, link here to live stream any footage you can capture of the Setari and Kalrani currently there, supposedly to close the enormous Gate. As you know there is even less exposure for Kalrani, so this is a prime opportunity to get a glimpse of future Setari! I can barely catch my breath. I raced as quickly as I could and nabbed a coveted spot at a cafe just on the corner with a barely obstructed view of the privacy tent erected at the Containment Lock entrance that the Setari disappeared into.  Be wary, anyone without a legitimate reason, like local business patronage, will be receiving a deflection alert over the Interface for loitering. Authorities are trying to move traffic along that slowed to almost a complete halt at the Setari arrival. Already at least three people, who had resisted the deflection alert, have been forcibly relocated by Peacekeepers.

But, Ends to Muina, this is exceptional! User DonnaMiley has just reported that Sang Sorenson, the girl who opened Muina, is on site!! And don't faint now Ladies, but User Jynxi7987 caught a snap shot of the Setari Tset Gabriel Coleman, known as Gere, also in attendance!!!!

An official report is being released from Lehanti Morgan. We'll keep streaming, but User DoctorMMB has promised to give us a summary of what the Lehanti has to say.

Also, a quick shout out to Users celestemagix, Schneblie, and savinggoddess for their earlier posts of images and video footage of the Setari arriving at Rada Junction.

Alright...so stay tuned...a full Fangasm Report coming later. Boys in Black, can we ever get enough?!?!!

*********
Gabriel stripped off his shirt and flung it aside as soon as we entered our hotel suite. Well, our new hotel suite. We had to be relocated when an ambitious reporter snuck into our last one, bent on an exclusive interview.  I am pretty sure he is facing some sort of legal penalty for ambushing a few Kalrani. He is in a hospital right now though. Suprising kids who are training to be Space Ninjas that kill Ionoth is not exactly good for your health. Taren technology will have all those broken bones fixed soon though.

"Oy, this is fucking shit," Gabriel complained. "I'm exhausted." He collapsed face forward onto the bed.

"We made good progress today," I said. The Rada Junction Gate was 3/4's closed now. Technicians had even started removing some of the photon cannons mounted on the inside of the huge Containment Lock. "Tsaile Cormin estimates it will only take another few kai to finish.  Those other Unaran officials were practically ecstatic during their inspection of the work today," I said trying to be encouraging.

However, Gabriel was right. It was tiring work for the Setari and Kalrani Ena Manipulation Talents, and me as I enhanced them. We took frequent breaks and ate lots of high energy meals and snacks, but the pressure was on to complete the mission with all haste. It was turning into a daily circus for the blue-suited Peacekeepers trying to control the crowds of diligent Setari Watchers.

"It wouldn't be half bad if we could follow a normal schedule.  All this shuffling around hotels and altering the work shifts to avoid crazy civilians means I can't even get enough fucking sleep," Gabriel half-mumbled into a pillow.

I felt so bad that my nightmares were making it even harder to sleep well.  My dreams had been particularly realistic since Arehron. I sat down next to him and rubbed the space between his shoulder blades, trying to mimic the massaging motion that Fancy had shown me during a Wellness Center visit.