35. Sense

A/n: My beta reader is still in the middle of her big move from Alaska, so apologies for any mistakes over the past few chapters and the next few. Life is busy, but I haven't forgotten my wonderful readers and am trying to get a few updates out.  Enjoy!

***********

KOTIS Report

To: TSUR S. BUBLE, Council Head
From: TSEE O. BLACKBOURNE

RE: Request for Immediate Sights Evaluation, Subject- Tsen Sang Sorenson

During third cycle, Tsen Sorenson experienced an intense mental reenactment featuring the Aquatic Massive. Her violent reaction required her squadmates to temporarily restrain her, until she could be woken. Tsens Lee, Taylor and Tsets Morgan and Korba reported an auditory manifestation and visible, non-painful, marks resembling skin lesions appearing on their arms and chests.

It is my opinion that Tsen Sorenson recieves an immediate evaluation to determine her expanding abilities and Sights training to gain control of her talents.

I have scheduled a training room for First Shift Seventh Kasse and request your presence to conduct the evaluation.

********

Interface Channel: Private

Users: Selik Buble, Owen Blackbourne

S: Nephew....What am I to do about you and your Miss Sorenson?...Could you not send me  a personal message before the formal request?

O: Protocal dictates that I submit the request as soon as possible.

S: Yes, yes...very well.  Request granted. Now, have you taken that dear girl on a date yet? And don't be shy...this is a private channel....off the record and all that.

O: Well...no.

S: Why not?

O: Our status has not changed. 

S: Ends to Muina, boy...even friends in a 'platonic' relationship spend time together outside of work. 

O: I spend time with her off hours.

S: Are the others around then?

O: Yes.

S: No no no....you need to spend time alone one-on-one with her....which I assume the others do based on the schedule Tsen Lee has established with the squad.

O: Uncle, please...I don't...I don't know what to do.

S: Fine. I am ordering you eat a meal alone  in the presence of Tsen Sang Sorenson.

O: What?

S: That's right. Official KOTIS Council order. 

O: I can't believe you just did that.

S: Clearly, I did too good a job raising you to be formal and disciplined. Look, Owen...Nephew...You can't base your life on the mistakes I made in my personal life.  We may share the same DNA...we don't have to share the same destiny. Stop pushing away your best chance at happiness.

O: I guess I could ask her to join me for first meal before training.

S: Not exactly romantic, but I'll take it...and I want a full report on the occasion...private message of course...none of that formal memorandum nonsense.

O: Are you sure, Uncle? We know how you love reading through endless reports.

S: Going to be cheeky now?  I could assign you a kaone of your least favorite, Tunnel Rotation.