Silence

Ashley’s POV

I was running. What was I running from? I didn’t know but I knew I couldn’t stop. So I kept going. There was shouting behind me but I didn’t turn around. I ran straight into a wooded area and tripped. I scrambled to get but it was too late. A gun shot off went off.

My eyes shot open and it took me a second to take in my surroundings. I was in a hospital bed. My right arm was in a high sling. My left arm had an IV in it. Monitors surrounded me making random little sounds. One was making a soft beeping sound and I knew it was letting the world know my heart was still beating.

Brittney and BryAnna were cuddled in chairs on my right. Harry, Louis and Niall were sitting on a sofa against the wall behind them. Zayn was at the end of my bed in a chair; Liam was on my left holding my hand, his face lying on the bed. They were all asleep and who could blame them? According to the clock on my wall it was 3:49am. I smiled to myself thinking about how I had missed my girls. But being the prankster I am I decided they needed a rude wake up call. I closed my eyes and started shouting.

“Louis give me back my cookie!” I felt Liam shift slightly and yelled louder “No! Niall come back! Niall come back!” I heard a few groans and knew my plan was working. “Brittney! Brittney don’t leave me!”

“What is she on about?” Harry asked groggily.

“Harry you’re a wizard.” I shouted and heard a few laughs. “Bry? Are you there?”

“She must be dream.” Liam said tighten his grip on my hand.

“Should we try to wake her?” Niall asked. I could feel all their eyes on me.

“No Liam! No!” I shouted.

“I’ll do it.” BryAnna huffed and I heard her get out of her chair.

“Touch me and die.” I shouted sitting up. It would have been funnier if sitting up didn’t cause me so much pain. BryAnna had fallen back into her chair, Brittney had her fist clenched ready to punch someone. Louis and Harry were holding onto each other. Niall had jumped up out of his spot. Liam just went wide eyed at me while Zayn… well Zayn was still asleep.

“That wasn’t supposed to hurt.” I hissed laying back down.

“Serves you right for waking us up at 4:00am.” Niall laughed walking over to my bed.

“You all just looked so peaceful. I couldn’t have that could I?” I smiled innocently at him, he shook his head laughing.

“Do you need anything?” Liam asked looking at me.

“Good old daddy directioner is here to save the day.” Louis chuckled as he and Harry came and sat on the end of my bed blocking the sleeping Zayn from view.

“I’m fine for now just as long as I don’t move.” I smiled at them all. “Did anything exciting happen while I was out?”

“BTR came to visit you and management came to visit us.” Niall frowned slightly.

 “Your management hates me don’t they?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Yes” Louis said happily. Everyone shot a glare at him and Harry even hit him upside the head. “What?” he asked high pitched.

“It’s alright guys. Hey if I were them I’d hate me too.” I tried to smile.

“They have no right to hate you though.” Harry stated firmly.

“Hey it happens.” I shrugged with a smile. “I missed you two you know.” I said looking at my best friends.

“We missed you to Mittens.” Brittney smiled As her and BryAnna stood up walking next to my bed.