Just Bestfriends |48| 🖤

"C-cam?" I stutter.

"What are you doing out here? And what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm fine..." I lie trying to wipe as many tears as I can before he sees them....it's not working.

"Zoey tell me the truth. I promise I won't tell nobody..."

As I start to think about what just happened in the past 10 minutes, I start crying again. I can't help it, I honestly feel like there are always tears waiting, just ready to come out.

"You want me to take you home?"

I nod then I realise that I'm still on top of him...but I feel comfortable here.

He tries to stand up but I don't move, instead I wrap my arms round his neck and place my head on his chest.

"Alright then" he chuckles then lifts me up and carries me home bridal style.

When we get to my house he sits down on one of the benches on our front porch and places me on his lap still in the same position.

"So...are you gonna tell me why you were about to jump off of a bridge?" He asks.

I remain silent.

"What were you thinking? Do you know how much I'd miss you if you killed yourself? And how much your family would miss you and your friends and Jahi."

"Jahi would not miss me." I reply quietly.

"Is that why you were gonna do it? Because of Jahi? What did he do to you?" I can sense a bit of anger in his voice.

"No it wasn't because of him..."

Was it?

"I broke up with him because he kept cheating on me and I was tired of getting hurt..."

"Are you sure it wasn't because of him?" Cam asks.

Not completely.

"Yes, I'm sure"

"Then what was it?"

I take a deep breath. "Ok, I'll tell you everything but you have to promise not to tell ANYONE. And not to judge me..."

"I promise."

I explain everything...from Isiah to the voices to the pulmonary embolism to the self harm to the anxiety and depression to my almost attempted suicide...

"Wow..."

I look down at my fingers.

"You are an incredibly strong girl." Cam says.

"No I'm not, I'm weak. I was about to kill myself over stupid little things..."