Just Bestfriends |23| 🖤

We've been sitting like this for about 20 minutes now and I feel so much better.

He calms me down and when he holds me I feel like all my problems fade away.

As his grip on me loosens, my eyes shoot open and I start to panic again.

"It's ok, I'll be right back I just need to go to the bathroom." He says softly and I calm down again.

He goes to the bathroom then comes back and sits next to me.

"Zo can I ask you a question?" He asks and I nod. "Why did you turn down everyone but me?"

I look down. "I feel safe when I'm with you" I answer quietly.

"What about your family?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Does this mean you love me more than your family?"

I think about it for a second then shrug. "I-I'm sorry you can g-go home if you want to." I stutter.

"Why would I want to go home?" He asks.

"You p-probably have better things to do than l-l-look after a dying girl..." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Zoey...first of all you're not dying, you're recovering. And second, there is no place I'd rather be than right here next to you. You are more important to me than anything else I could possibly be doing. I love you." He says.

"I love you too" I smile.

"There's that beautiful smile I haven't seen in so long" he smiles.

"Where's everybody else?" I ask.

"They should still be Outside." He replies.

"Oh ok..."

"I'm so glad you're still here. I was really worried about you..."

"I'm sorry😞" I apologise.

"No, don't be sorry. None of this is your fault."

"Yeah it is. If I hadn't let Isiah rape me we wouldn't be in this situation cos those girls wouldn't have tried to kill me...😞" I explain.

"Do not blame yourself for that. It is not your fault that that son of a bitch raped you.😤"

Right after he says that, my mom walks in.

"Hey sweetheart" She says then comes over to me. "You feeling ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine..." I force a smile.

"Good" She smiles back. "Thank you Jahi, for calming her down.🙂"

"No problem" he smiles.