Chapter 13

The next day

I get up at 5:30 and head to the hospital and throw on a long-sleeve polo Ralph Lauren t-shirt, jeans, sperrys, and polo baseball cap.

I ease out the door without waking Isaiah up because he snores like a bear. I took his Mercedes and drove off real easy and then 5 mins later Isaiah called me in a sleepy voice.

"Babe where you going?, I heard you leave." "Oh.......uh.... I was going for some air at the park." "This early in the morning." "I like it and it's peaceful, so I will see you when I get back I am gonna be gone for a few hours so go back to sleep." "okay babe love you."

I go to the hospital and met up with Isaiah's sisters Lisa and Ann. We wait and we go in the room and talk for a little while before they take her in to the operating room.

After the surgery I say goodbye and tell then to call me if they need anything. I head back to the house thinking how would Isaiah take it if his mother was to die.

Later that night

I put on this red dress with black red bottoms and Isaiah puts on this red blazer with black dress pants and this white shirt with a red and white poka dot tie.

The wedding was beautiful and intimate and so was the reception. The reception was at a little terrace place downtown where it was lighted with Christmas lights and candles and rose petals everywhere. Their table was decorated with their initials and it had a rose heart in the middle.

3 weeks later

I go and knock on Isaiah's office door and he is talking to someone. I walk in to go and say I was going home and I looked and saw it was the elevator guy but he didn't see me.

I went a whispered in Isaiah's ear "That's the guys that broke into your old place and tried to rape me." I kissed him gently and he walked me to the door and shut the door and pulled the shades on his office and he beat him to a pulp and and told him "If you ever come near Chantel again I will kill you and you will wish that you were never created."

I get home earlier and Isaiah is still at work he told me he wouldn't be home until like 6:30 or so. I went inside and I was gonna make broccoli, chicken, and cheese casserole for dinner. My phone rings and it was Mrs. Walter.

"Hello, Mrs. Walter how are you doing?" I hear her crying "The doctor called me and said the lump was Cancer and it's the beginning stage 4." I was leaning against the wall and I slid down it in shock still holding the phone. "Are you okay?" "Yes I am excepting the fact I am just scared I haven't even told my daughters this you are the first person."

"Okay, I will give you time to let this settle and then I will make a big family dinner for us."

I hang up and I finish cooking dinner and put it in the refrigerator. I go up and get in the shower and turn it on and just let the water run down my head and and face.

30 minutes later

Isaiah's P.O.V

"Chantel, Chantel where are you?" I run upstairs and go into the bedroom and I hear the water running in the shower. I go and talk to her, "Babe, are you okay? because when something I wrong you take long showers. I know you have been taking a long shower because the double mirrors are foggy."

"I am coming out now goodness." She came out and gave me a dry kiss and goes over to her sink and begins to dry her hair.

"Chantel, what's going on?" "Why are you assuming something is wrong with me. When I say I am okay I am okay."she screams "Why are you yelling at me?, I just know something is wrong and right now you being very distant."