15- Memories

Ok so note.
I have decided where I'm placing the story. Cause I have been wondering where I should and I was going to do California but I didn't really know that much about all the geography and I chose a state that is bigger...
Texas. And yes I do live there and it has a lot of Mexican/Spanish culture and pretty diverse so ya.

Keith started to worry and he kept trying to talk to Lance, but his anxiety was getting to him. Not only about if Lance was in danger but also if Lance just really didn't want anything to do with Keith.

Keith actually questioned this a lot before the passing of Lance's mom. He never really knew why Lance took an interest in him, he always just thought it was because he thought Shiro was cool or something. But when they went to Keith's house he never really talked to Shiro.

Keith shook his head reminding himself that he needed to know if Lance was ok for his own safety. And if something happened to him he wouldn't be able to live with himself. So he called Lance again.

////////\\\\\\\\

Lance got out of the car as they pulled into the narrow driveway. And Sebastian turned of the car. Mari unbuckled her seatbelt and shook Toni's leg to wake him up. Toni slowly opened his eyes and unbuckled his seat belt and did as his mom said and unbuckled Christopher's seatbelt gently waking him. Sebastian then opened the door to the side Anna was on and unbuckled her and picked her up and placed her on his hip. Lance went to the back and got all his stuff out and followed Sebastian inside the quaint house.

He always loved it here, it's where his Abuela and Popa lived. And when he was younger he and his siblings would come down here and stay with his grandparents for the summer.

Of course this wasn't the house they stayed at, when his Popa passed his Abuela couldn't keep up his it so she went to a nursing home. Lance's mom wanted to keep it but she knew they didn't have enough money for that so the family decided to sell it. But when Mari and Sebastian got married it was a definite decision that they would live here in Galveston.

Lance loved it here, and the Galveston bay was so close. He remembered all the fun times he had with his siblings and sometimes they would even have a giant family reunion, with family members from all over coming.

While he was carrying in his bag he felt it vibrating in his hand. He set down his bag on the small round table fishing for his phone. He turned it on the see:

4 missed calls from: Keithy Boi

2 missed calls from Pidgit

4 missed messages

Lance started typing on his phone

To Pidgit
I'm fine I'll tell you later

To Keithy Boi
I'm ok I'll call you back in a little bit.

//\\

When Keith got a text on his phone from Lance he finally started to breath right.

To Space Boi
Alright.
Just call me when ever

Lance looked at the text and put his phone in his back pocket as Mari was just walking in the door carrying a barely awake Chris and holding Toni's hand making sure he didn't fall over.

She gestured for Lance to follow her up the stairs with her sons dragging behind her.

Mari put the boys to bed in their small bunk beds as Lance stood in the doorframe observing. It reminded him of his mother and how caring she was and how that obviously rubbed off on Mari.

Mari showed Lance to the guest room that was soon supposed to be Anna's room but it didn't look like that would be soon considering she wouldn't sleep without her parents in the room.

Mari told him that he should go to sleep as soon as he could and they would talk everything over in the morning.

Lance put his bag down pulling out a pair of shorts and slipping them off before plopping down on the small twin mattress pulling out his phone.

To Keithy Boi

I can call you know

It didn't take long for Keith to answer with an 'ok', then answering the phone.

Keith broke the awkward silence between the boys but clearing his throat.

"So Pidge said you went home early?"

"Ya"

"Oh, oh ok." Keith tapped the side of his thigh lightly with his finger, it was a habit he had done when he got anxious or situations were awkward.

"Lance you can talk to me." Keith said but soon realized that he heard muffled sobs from the other side of the line. "Lance..." he said in a calming voice that for some reason made the tears come out quicker than before.

"I-I don't know what to do anymore." Lance choked out with a strained voice.

"Lance do you need me to come over, I-I can come get you. I know my mom won't mind, an-and you can sneak out." Keith said grabbing his jacket from his desk chair.

Even though Keith couldn't see him Lance shook his head.

"No I'm not home."

"Lance where are you." Keith stated in a very serious tone.

"I'm fine Keith I'm at my sister's." Lance took a large shaky breath, "but I feel so useless and-and I'm ruining her life I can see it." Lance started fumbling over his words. "I'm sorry Keith. You probably don't want to hear me complaining and stuff."

"No no no, I don't mind at all Lance. I like talking to you. I've missed you..." Keith scratched the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly, "a lot."

Lance couldn't help but smile a little, although there were still tears in his eyes.

"Keith, thank you so much for being so nice."

"No problem Lance. Do you like wanna talk about what happened?"

Lance closed his eyes laying back down again on his back.

"Yeah, I-I would."

__________
I put off writing this for a longer than I wanted. I'm kinda in a block and my writing is slowing down. Also I don't really know if I should keep on going with a steady relationship or just get it over with, but I hate when stories do that. Like out of nowhere their a couple ???.