17-Hospital

The whole ride to the hospital that's all he could say, he was sorry, he was so sorry.

"Shh, shh. Hermano it's ok, it's ok." Mari was crying and she was definitely going to cry more.

Sebastian had called up their neighbors to take care of the kids, getting them out of the house so they couldn't see anything or worry too much.

Lance had tried to tell Mari that he hadn't meant to do anything this bad, but he was loosing a lot of blood and everyone told him not to worry and just wait, he didn't want to but he was forced to stop from becoming lightheaded. He really didn't want to pass out, he didn't want to leave Mari alone but his efforts did nothing. He drifted off and started to get scared of death.

He was glad he didn't dream though, those seemed scarier than death.

Mari was almost to the point of hyperventilating, she tried and tried to tel Lance to hold on and keep his eyes open but he fell unconscious. The medic in the ambulance was trying to calm her but at the same time was trying to keep Lance stable.

_

Sebastian went upstairs cleaning up all the blood when he heard ringing.

_

They got to the hospital at 6:05, Mari was told to stay in the waiting room and she will hear something soon. She was starting to get impatient. She didn't know what to do, she decided to call her other brother because she felt like he should know. Maybe not all of it but at least that Lance is in the hospital.

_

Sebastian checked his back pocket for his phone but it wasn't there. He proceeded to go down stairs to look for it. But stopped hearing it come from Lance's room. He backtracked and went into the guest room, he didn't want to be snooping but he wanted to know who was calling.

////\\\\

Keith told Pidge and Hunk about Lance being at his sister's, it seemed sketchy. They were seriously worried about him, but what could they do? Keith decided just to call him a couple times. Pidge was going crazy, she wanted to track the phone but Hunk reminded her personal boundaries.

At the end of the school day Pidge was fed up, she told her brother to pick her up so she could get home faster. But Hunk found her, with Keith right behind him. Pidge thought this meant that they were going to stop her but when they stepped in Pidge's house Keith ran to her room telling her to hurry and find him.

Pidge looked at Hunk who had lost his smile commented, "I don't like invading people's space but I want to make sure he's ok."

Pidge nodded and got her computer, "do we even know where his sister lives?"

"Galveston, I'm pretty sure." Keith and Pidge turned to Hunk, "I was there when they helped her move."

"Alll riight." She pushed the glasses up on her nose and started up the application typing in all the code, "well this is going to take awhile, so you guys can find a movie to watch and put it on the TV."

Keith wanted to watch SAW but Hunk said he was going to piss his pants if he watched it, they decided on Doctor Strange.

"I got it!" Pidge looked closely at the computer.

"Uhhh, yep Galveston. It checks out."

The breath Keith was holding. Keith looked down at his lap and frowned, "I don't feel right about this."

Hunk looked at him, "like you think something bad happened."

Keith didn't look up, "I feel like an idiot for not trusting him." Keith fiddled with his fingers, "we are spying on him."

"Keith," Pidge grabbed his hands, "it's ok to be worried about someone," Pidge snorted, "I mean we did kinda take it too far but, it was to make sure he was ok."

Keith pulled out his phone and scrunched up his eyebrows when he noticed he still hadn't gotten any messages, "He still hasn't texted, he said he would." Pidge looked at her phone. "He told me that too." Keith opened the phone application and pressed Lance's contact, "I'm gonna call him."

///\\\

After 2 calls from Mullet man Sebastian decided to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Lance?"

"No this is Sebastian, his sister's husband. Who is this?"

"Uh, Lance's friend. Is he alright? Can I please talk to him?"

"Um. He isn't...available at the moment."

"Well is he alright?"

"Y-yes... he.. is."

Keith frowned and Hunk and Pidge raised their eyebrows.

"Okayyy, well please tell him that Keith, Pidge and Hunk called. And to call back as soon as he can."

Sebastian ran his hand through his hair and squeezed his eyes closed, "alrighty, will do." He said with fake cheeriness.

The next day Sebastian left to go to the hospital, with the kids staying home with a babysitter.(aka an old college friend)

He made it to the waiting room for the 2nd floor. His wife was sitting with her head in her hands and her legs shaking relentlessly.

"Marisela,"

She stood up quickly looking at her husband and hugging him just as fast. She couldn't stop herself from crying, and Sebastian couldn't blame her.

"I-I should" she took a deep breath, "I should have kn-known."

Sebastian tried to calm her, "Shh, don't blame yourself. This is not your fault."

They calmed down and sat down on the waiting chairs. Sebastian kept hold of Mari's hand for comfort.

Mari started to tell him how the nurse needed information and how she wasn't the legal guardian and she really didn't want to inform he legal guardian. She didn't know how to tell the nurse without telling her that he was abusive. She just told her it might be dangerous and that they would wait for him to wake up to decide if they wanted to tell their father. Of course she informed the nurse that she was his sister. Sebastian found Lance's wallet for ID in his backpack and brought it to the hospital.

A doctor walked out of the room and greeted Mari and her husband warmly, saying that Lance is one the road to recovery. He turned to Mari with a frown, "Mrs. um I'd like to ask you about some concerning bruises on the young man that we couldn't help but notice. Did you know of any bullying or if he was caught in some fights?"

Mari looked down and sighed, "I have an idea of what they could be from. Our mother had just passed and our father didn't take it so well. Well actually he- from my understanding- blamed Lance for her death. But I can't be for sure. That's why I don't want to take action until he is fully conscious and can confirm it."

___________
It kinda ended weirdly but I've been meaning to update and I really didn't have time. Not to mention I've had a block so it's been hard to write.