20- Somber Melody

Lance sat down at the desk near the far wall of his room. Yes, it is his now.

It had been about two months since his accident. He didn't like to call it an attempt at suicide cause that wasn't what he had meant to do, he hadn't meant to hurt himself to that extent. And in that period of time, he had officially moved into his sister's and started online schooling. His father was infuriated at first, feeling as though his family betrayed him, but was soon put into rehab and got actual therapy.

They were all trying to patch up their family one piece at a time.

Lance looked at the small journal on the navy blue wooden desk. It was given to him by his sister she said it might be good to write about whatever was on his mind or anything he needed to get out. He might even write a story or two, it was up to him.

Lance opened the journal and sat there looking down at it. He was so lost. So he started his music and laid on his bed looking up at the ceiling momentarily giving up on the open journal on his desk. He started getting lost in the story he had made up in his mind when he was on the brink of losing everything when he was losing his life. He smiled to himself and jolted off his bed. He knew what he was going to write.

Keith was sitting on his living room couch, himself on one end and his older brother Shiro on the other, they were supposed to be watching some stupid action movie but Keith couldn't pay attention to the TV. He was texting Hunk about what they should do for the end of the year party that the four usually do. They both knew that having it without Lance was out of the question but how would they all get together?

The question was answered when Mari called Keith, he fumbled his phone for a bit but when he got his bearings quickly pressed the answer button. She called asking when a good time would be for Lance to go back to their home town for a visit. Keith sprung out of his seat once she finished her sentence and ran into his mom's room startling her a little.

"Sorry, but when would it be ok for Lance to come over for a little bit?" Keith asked, a little out of breath from the quick sprint into the room.

"By a 'little bit' you mean?"

"A couple of days."

"Right," She Smiled, "well, it would definitely be after school ended."

"Yeah..."

"One second let me check."

Keith put the phone to his ear, "Um so I need to check the date, at least after the 31, so I guess I'll just text Lance when it would be fine to come over."

"Actually Lance doesn't use his phone, the doctors said it would be best to get off most electronics and Lance agreed that it would be for the better to do so. So, you can just send the dates to me and I will get back to you when it's all concrete."

"Okay thank you.. tell him we miss him. A lot."

"I will, he misses you guys too."