fight it

//an: second update! Ily guys so much! Thank u for all the reads and well, have fun! :)//

Lance

The sudden professionalism surprised the others but they shrugged it off. We have a job to do and that's inform my mom of what we need from her plus saving the universe. That's it. It's not simple but it's a good layout.

Sometimes I forget how much my mom has thought me about how the world can be such a cruel place, it can apply to the universe as well. It can apply to anyone, people, animals, and aliens. It doesn't matter who you are, you still get bullshit. You still get pain and suffering.

Life is unfair. It's not gonna be easy. It will never be.

"Mother, we need to ask you about stuff. War is imminent and we need help from you. Like, maybe information or anything that we need to know. We cannot let Zarkon or Lotor win." I declared with a small sigh. She shook her head of understandment.

I sigh and let Allura take over and maybe say Hi to our mother. I walk towards the sidelines, listening in on the information that's being stored into the hologramic system. I don't even remember what my mom said they were called. Maybe they should be HOLO maybe.

Just maybe.

"-ance. Lance!" I look up from my position and everyone was looking at me. I cleared my throat and stood up straight.

"Sorry. I was listening, don't worry. What do you need?" I asked them, my mom was looking at me with anticipation plastered on her face that looked like she could kill me. She probably could. I mean, I wish anyone would.

"Lance, we were wraping up with mother but mother wants to speak with you, alone." I nodded and let them do their work. I faced my mother with fear and hesitation. She was gonna tell me to do better. To become better, better than this piece of crap. This piece of shit that exists.

"Lance, my son. How are you?" My mom asked to see if I was okay. It surprised me that she didn't bother telling me what I did wrong. I've always had myself knock all the walls down, just for her. I slump my shoulders and started to open up.

"Mom.. Am I really supposed to be here? This isn't my legacy! This is Dad's! This is his! It isn't mine. I'm not worthy of it.." I mumble the last sentence. I look up to my mom and she stared at me with sadness. She knew that I have problems that I needed to deal with.

"Honey, I didn't wanna to talk to you like this at the meeting. But now I know you deserve it. Lance when I gave birth to you, your father and I have been so thankful for your exitence. We had Allura and well, Zarkon started acting up. We had leave. You're father told me one thing before we left, He carried Allura and I carried you." She hessitated but continued on.

He said, 'these two will be our future. Whatever happens, this is the future. The future of the universe and it's people.' And I can't say that I don't agree. Because this decision was smart, it was a smart choice. Own it." She said with a small smile.

I let a small tear down my face and wipe it off. I look up to my mother with a smile and said goodbye to head off. I bump into Hunk and stumble into a longass conversation. It was kind of refreshing to see that he would still talk to me. 

After that small conversation, I walk back to the Control Room and downloaded all the information that my mom told us. She told us many things that we could use. She told us many things that we could use it.

We are the future.

I spent the rest of the time, reviewing the information. The information talks about a lot of things. I looked for hidden clues and maybe something that may help. I hope I can help people more often that we could.

We could use gladiators to fight the Galran Empire when we are out of the
castle. It'll be great help once we do. Specially, when we are on very tough missions. This is a a fight that we have to fight on all sides and now, I know I'm willing to die from this war.

No matter the cost, We will win this war.

Even if it means, I would lose my own life. I don't care what it takes. This universe is beautiful and what Zarkon is doing, is destroying the damn thing. He may be bedridden now, but he still is controlling their every move. Lotor might be at reign soon but Zarkon hasn't given him the full of the Empire.

This taking over has a process and I know what that is fully. My mom thought me that Zarkon and my Father had similar taste when it got to the Reigning Rule. They might have not liked each other after and during the war, but they we're friends and they agreed on most of these.

I wish I could've seen the beauty before this war started. I wish this war wasn't necessary.

But now, it is. And we have to fight it.