a ball with the stars

//an: sorry that this was late, I've had this god forsaken fever for almost two weeks now and it's pissing me off, I promise to try a little harder but I am very weak rn and this is the only one you'll get :(//

Lance

'This was gonna be one hell of a ball.' I had thought and, Jesus, I was right. I haven't entered it but I already saw all the people. I'm stunned to the bone on how a victory can make such a reaction. I do understand why, but I can't seem to be happy with it. Lotor is coming, and we aren't done.

I have to let go of what's holding me back for now, the party needs me anyways. They have to greeted by my face, I hate my face. My freckles are all over and people seeing it just makes me cringe. Was it so hard to be not be born with this shit?—

I have to set this aside, I cannot keep bringing myself down. I need to be in this ball and interact with people. My depression has suck its own ass. Allura stepped into my area and stood with me. She was about to say something but she stopped and shut her mouth, this woman needs to get to it because we need to start the first dance. Not that I'm complaining that she's stalling us.

"Allura, what is it?" Asking while looking into her seemingly lighter blue eyes.

"I just have to tell you that, I'd like for you to dance with Keith..y-yeah!" She stuttered out, clearing her throat.

"That's not what you wanted to say, Allura." I said, my eyebrows raising and hands on my hips.

"F-fine.. Shiro and I are an item of some sort, like the humans say." She said with a slight waver in her voice. I was shocked that she would admit this but the fact that they weren't even dating yet. It's baffling hat their taking this slow but I do understand.

"You know, I'm happy for you. So, don't be scared and just dance with the guy." I pushed her and walked out with her. Everyone's watching us like we we're royalty. Oh wait... We are. Fuck.

The music started playing and Allura and I danced together. Waltzing through the crowds that stared at us like we we're pawn. Honestly, being the center of attention has been something I have hated since the day I was born, how ironic that my job consists of the factor.

"Allura, if you wanna be with Shiro. I trust you to know the risks. If you do know, then I will let you be on your way to your prince." I mumbled to her as we danced all across the middle of the room. Glancing at Shiro, I let him take her and moved from the next person in the circle.

He grabs her by the waste and soon, I was dancing with Pidge. This dance was quiet. It bothered me, so I talked to them. This was probably of my Altean heritage. So I stopped and swayed to the rhythm. Calming the both of us from the hectic dancing before.

"Pidge, if you wanna ask questions you can, you know." I mumble slightly annoyed. She sighed and continued dancing like she didn't have a care in the world.

"It's just weird that you didn't tell me." She said with a sigh. They have been one of the people the has known me since High school. I knew Hunk from since- well,  forever. It was actually really cool to think about how long.

"I didn't tell you because I couldn't. Plus, I'm not the only. You've kept some of your own." I told her with sly smile.

"I mean yeah. I don't know, it was the only way I could get through to Garrison." They mumbled with a sigh, I pat their back as to say 'it's okay'.

"Don't worry, Hunk and I had to fake our names just to get through as well. We weren't supposed to study in Garrison but we pushed anyways. Lemme tell you, we wished that you were with us. And I'm glad that you are." Smiling, and looking down at her. By the time I had finished, we needed to change partners, I waved at her when we had to switch.