Chapter 4- Meeting The Neighbours

We baked for a half an hour with the smell of chocolate chip cookies in the air. It was fun to have a girls day with my favourite Aunt.
     "What do you think about going to meet the new neighbours," Aunt Rose asked.
     I looked up at her my face drained of excitement but slowly nods , "I guess it's a nice thing to do," I utter.
     "Yes it is, lets go get some fresh clothes on and go over!" she replies brushing off her apron from the flour.
     When we're finished cleaning ourselves  up and have taken the cookies out of the oven we make our way over to the neighbours house. A woman met us across the street with sleek blonde hair and hazel eyes; she was struggling to unload some bulky luggages filled to the rim with stuff.
     "Hello," my Aunt declared brightly.
      "Hello," the lady answered. Her voice sweet like a bell.
     "My name's Rose Williams and this is my niece Amethyst we brought over some cookies to welcome you to the neighbourhood," she says extending the container packed with cookies. "My niece lives across the road but I'm just visiting for the week."
     I look up at my aunt, she hadn't told me that.
"Thank you," the women exclaims. "My name's Taylor Brady and my son's inside. Please come in," she says inviting us in.
     "Thank you. Let me help you with that," my Aunt mutters taking two beige suitcases.