Chapter 1-Regular day

My story begins in the cafeteria at Brenton high with a food fight on the rise. "Food fight!" A ninth grader calls out, and then food is flung everywhere!
     I sit at the back table my bottle green eyes search everyones expressions, I try not to draw attention to myself. Right when I'm about to take a bit out of my peanut butter and jam sandwich, Lindsey the class 'perfect' splats me with a glob of mashed potatoes all down my new pale pink blouse and blonde hair.
     I'm outraged my anger bubbles inside of me like a tea kettle. I am about to walk out in a huff when Lindsey calls to me.
     "Aren't you going to do anything about that Amethyst?" she says in her high pitched prissy voice.
     I turn back to her my face bright red. My family has told me that I need to control my anger but I don't care. All I can think about is how annoying her high pitched voice is.
     I take a tray off of the table closest to me, everyone stares wearily at me. I make my way over to her my stride picking up pace. Then I smack her across her olive skin and I regret it almost instantly.
      A teacher on duty sees my actions, I'm not surprised, I'm always in trouble when my emotions get the best of me. My math teacher Mrs. Andrews takes me by the arm and drags me to the principal office. All I remember is my classmates eyes like bullets staring me down and with every shot I slouch an entire inch.