Chapter 13- Lemonade and Secrets

Back at Mitch's house I got fully introduced to two of his friends: Jake Owens, and Simon Knight.
Jake has bright red hair and electric blue eyes. Simon Knight has chestnut brown hair with honey coloured eyes; they're both 14 years old.
      "I'll go get some lemonade, you guys stay here."
     "Ok Mitch," Jake declared.
      As I watched Mitch go inside Simon nudged me a little to hard for my liking. "So you and Mitch, huh?"
     "What are you talking about!" I quip.
      "Do you think I'm dumb, you like him; don't you?" He teases.
      "Do not," I say making my way to an apple tree. "What gave you that idea?"
     "Come on tell us! Then we can tell Mitch the girl he likes also likes him back!" Jake retorts.
This stung my heart was it true that Mitch liked me, but was it also true that I liked him.
"So admit it! You do, I can see it on your face!" Simon hollers.
"Shut up, I don't!" Right when I say this Mitch comes out with a tray of lemonade.
"What's all the yelling?" He asks confused.
"Nothing," I say glaring at the two boys. "just nothing."
I walk over to the tray of lemonade and pick one up and lay on the grass. It's just nothing, right? I ask myself as I take a long swig of the cool beverage.