Chapter 5- Mitchell Brady

As we entered the house I stood there astonished that they'd moved in already and most of their boxes had been unpacked. The house had a white staircase coming down from the left side of the house and a cozy living area decorated with two black coaches and a wooden coffee table on the right. A painting caught my attention on what looked like a door to a basement, As I continue  down the hallway a kitchen awaited me, with two bedrooms on either sides and a huge half moon window along with a table and chairs enclosed by crisp white wall.
     "It's not much but it's a work in progress," Miss. Brady said knowingly, "well our work in project." she said gesturing to a teenage boy about sixteen. "This is my son Mitchell."
     The young teenage boy had wavy blond hair and large caramel eyes, and wore a blue t-shirt with jeans. His expression was sour with freckles dancing across his pale complexion.
     "Say hello Mitch,"
     "Hello." he said bitterly and than left for his bedroom.
    "You must excuse Mitch, his father died about a week ago."
    "Oh that's terrible." Aunt Rose said gently. "Anything I can do, let me know."
     "Thank you," Miss. Brady said swallowing the pain, I could tell her husband meant a great deal to her.
     I felt a pang of sympathy for Mitch, when my mother died I had closed myself off from the world; I could tell he was doing the same.
    "Oh, what do you think of staying for dinner this afternoon?" She said brushing away a small tear.
     "That would be lovely, what time?"
     "Is six okay with you?"
     "That would be great."