Chapter 21- Odd Surprises

"Do you even know where they are?" Jake question as Mitch, Jake, Simon, and me got into Mitch's Mom's car and the parents and my 3 brother got into another.
     "On the contrary no." I said biting my lip.
     "What?! So how are we gonna find them?" Simon screeched.
      "Don't worry, I got this." I said giving him a thumbs up.
      "Ok I trust you, besides you are my best friends girlfriend!"
        "Shut up!" As I say these words Mitch rest a hand on my shoulder if to say just stay calm, they don't mean anything by it. "Sorry," I say with a huff. "Let's get going." I say and then Mitch starts the engine.
       "First stop H.Q!" Mitch says with a grin.
     "Why?" I say.
      "I have a certain someone here that can help."
      "Who?"
       "You'll see."
      As we make our way through the doors with the help of Mitch's finger print I meet a unlikely surprise.
     "Amethyst!"
      "John!" I say rushing to my old friends side.
      "I missed you so much!" he says rapping me in a snug embrace.
       I want to say me too but I haven't. With Mitch around I totally forgot about my old friend, and parts of me wish it's a dream.
      "Me too," I utter even though I'm lying. "Wait what are you doing here. I thought you moved to London to be with your family."
      "I did, and I also went because I got exported to England for my job."
       "Which is?"
      "I'm a C.I.A agent."
       "Of course." I say not surprised.
       "Gosh I've missed you! Mitch." He says looking over at Mitchell. He gives a little wave but I can tell he's masking his anger, I know cause I've done it.
      "You know each other?"
      "Yeah, we worked at the same place for about 5 years."
       "Oh," I say surprised.
      "How do you know Jem."
       "Because she's my girlfriend!" He spits out.
       "Oh, really?"
       "Yeah, have a problem with that Mr. wise guy?"
       "No, I'm happy for you Jem; really I am."
       "Let's just go and locate Mr. and Mrs. Bird shall we." I say leading them upstairs, "I'll be there in a moment." I say as I watch them go up stairs I grab Mitch's hand.
      "Girlfriend?!" I spit. "What the heck is 'girlfriend."
      "It sounded like a good time." He says his hands raised. "Truth is, I like you Amethyst it's true I just didn't know how to break the news."
       "Then tell me privately!"
        "I know but now you know. Do you like me?" he says looking down as his wavy blond hair falls on his face.
       "Yes," I stutter. "I do." His eyes light up and in that split second he kisses me. Long and hard. I hold his neck and kiss him back and then he finally breaks away; and I can feel my heart booming like a drum inside of my chest.