Chapter 30- Slits

"Mmmmm!" I say under the piece of tape across my mouth. If my mouth wasn't tape, well, let's just say you wouldn't want that. "Mmmmmmm!"
      "Will you shut up! Jeez girl you really are stupid. There is tape across your mouth, we can't understand you!" Mr. Bird says squatting down meeting my eye level.
       "Mmmm!" I repeat.
      "Mason do something!" Mrs. Bird shouts.
      Mitch's dad cuts Mitch lose at first I don't know what he's planning but then he talks. "If you don't shut up I'll hurt your little boyfriend." He sneers, his yellow teeth gleam and his breath reeks of morning breath.
      He pulls the piece of tape off of my mouth and I screech "You won't do that! You're his father."
      He pats the piece of tape onto my mouth again, "Really watch me." He says daringly. He takes out his pocket knife and slits Mitch's wrists. Mitch gasps, clutching his arms.
      "What the absolutely—" before Mitch can finish his sentence gets plumped down right where he started. I can feel my heart plummet.
     I can hear Mitch sniffling behind me. His eyes are probably moist with tears by now.
      "Mmmmmm!" I say.
      "Oh can it girly! Before long I'll be slitting your wrists as well!" With that he turns away entering the darkened corridor. Before long Mrs. and Mr. Bird exit, and both me and Mitch are alone once again.
      An idea forms in my head, I big and brilliant one. I try to reach my arms behind me to get Mitch's attention. He looks at me his eyes like I imagined: they are glistening with tears.
     "Mmmmm!"
     He looks at me a puzzled expression plastered on his face. His eyes look like they're saying what the heck! But I look down at the tape across my mouth, he gets it. And before long he's trying to get the piece of tape of my mouth. His teeth finally get it in his grasp and he rips it off. "Ouch," I say my hands gripping my mouth. "Okay So hears the plan." I say. As I fill him in Mitch's eyes grow wide, I can tell he's here to put them down. We finally get are ropes un-done with a little friction 'magic'.
     As we go over are plan one more time I can hear footsteps coming down the hallway. It's now or never, and I hope now is what we chose.