Old Days

Anish and I were born to our parents in Mumbai, the home to The God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar and on the birthday of none other than The Sultan of Multan, Virender Sehwag and Navjot Singh Siddhu. This shows our connection with cricket was from birth. 

When we were only 5 years old our Dad took us for the first time took us to Wankhede Stadium to India vs Pakistan match. Anish and I were more than happy to watch Sachin Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly playing. From that day we realized our love for cricket. 

On the way back to our home Dad purchased a plastic Bat and Ball for us as we were so excited on the ground. From the next day we started playing cricket with our friends. Though none of my friends liked to play cricket but they used to watch me playing but Anish's friends, Anish and I used to play. After few days Anish and I learned basic cricket. We never missed any cricket match. 

Few years passed, we were 15 years old. An inter apartment Cricket match was scheduled. Our apartment reached to the finals. It was finals among Greenland Apartment vs Shakti Apartment. Anish and I were participating from Greenland Apartment. We were in tension as on the finals Sachin Tendulkar and Virendar Sehwag were invited. But before going to play our father came to our room and said, "We all are human beings and mistakes do happen by us. Everyday is not your day. Let no one change your performance. They're also human beings and they've also faced bad day so give your fullest by not worrying about anything. It's just a game and the worst thing that can happen is we may lose the match right? And winning and losing are part of game. And Best of luck my kids. Love you." We were a bit relieved by his words and I said, "Thank you Dad. This means a lot!" 

 This means a lot!" 

Sachin and Sehwag arrived and Anish and the captain of Shakti Apartments team were on the ground for toss. Shakti Apartments won the toss and chose to bowl first. After 15 minutes the match started. Anish and Rahul, our openers started the match. Anish did a slow start with a single run giving the strike to Rahul, who was playing like a star through out this tournament. But today was not his day and he got bowled. I was in a shock. Raghuvir went in Rahul's place and he also got bowled. It was my turn and the bowler was on a hat-trick. I was scared and walked towards the ground.

 TO BE CONTINUED...